Your Resplendent Ways, popper

kakku

Hi. Did a new tune for a long time. Basic kakku style again. No matter how hard I try my tunes are somewhat recognizable to be my style. I welcome comments and critiques. I will try to improve this tune maybe with your help if I get tips.

Edited by kakku
  • Great Idea 1

I get the feeling that you like to do tunes in the kakku Epic Genre ...

The soft sections were nice , well thought out melodies and those musical sections seemed  somewhat uncluttered mix wise .

When you started hitting the heavy dirt sounds , things got loose in the corners in a few areas ...

A lot of low end in the mix ...too dense not enough crunch & punch .

Needs more air and breathing room  in some of those sections to bring them out . ( IMHO ) .   

Also I heard a few  rather suspicious   timing issues with some of the beats , arrangement and chord changes ...

Overall I did like a lot of your tune .

You asked for tips ...those I mentioned were a few things you can look into if this song is a work in progress that you plan on revising .

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

I get the feeling that you like to do tunes in the kakku Epic Genre ...

The soft sections were nice , well thought out melodies and those musical sections seemed  somewhat uncluttered mix wise .

When you started hitting the heavy dirt sounds , things got loose in the corners in a few areas ...

A lot of low end in the mix ...too dense not enough crunch & punch .

Needs more air and breathing room  in some of those sections to bring them out . ( IMHO ) .   

Also I heard a few  rather suspicious   timing issues with some of the beats , arrangement and chord changes ...

Overall I did like a lot of your tune .

You asked for tips ...those I mentioned were a few things you can look into if this song is a work in progress that you plan on revising .

all the best,

Kenny

Wow, this exactly as I heard it.  I think these are thoughtful constructive critiques.  I like the song.

• Thanks 1

Hi again. I did some tweaking but I failed to notice where all the mistakes were. I fixed the verse a bit, added a better(?) intro and then I Eq:d the guitar removing the excess bass in it. One chord was also changed, IIRC. Hope you find this version better. BTW, why on earth the Soundcloud uploading has become reaaally slow

Edited by kakku
  • Great Idea 1

I always find a lot to like in your instrumentals and this is no exception.   The transition in sound from the dense sounding intro to the sparser verse is very nice -- my nit is that the "harmonica" sound is a bit stodgy.  A different synth sound would give it more umph.  As usual, I think your tracks would make a good basis for some 80s style pop tunes but that doesn't seem to be your direction.  So, keep 'em comin'...

~~Allan

• Thanks 1

Hi, Kakku,

Very cool song with lots of interesting elements and melodies weaving throughout!😀

Nice choice of instruments and synths, and I really like the sound of the synth that comes in at around 42 seconds, great for the lead melodies.👍

Very nice work, kakku, best wishes!
Bob

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ABull said:

I always find a lot to like in your instrumentals and this is no exception.   The transition in sound from the dense sounding intro to the sparser verse is very nice -- my nit is that the "harmonica" sound is a bit stodgy.  A different synth sound would give it more umph.  As usual, I think your tracks would make a good basis for some 80s style pop tunes but that doesn't seem to be your direction.  So, keep 'em comin'...

~~Allan

Nice tips and comments. Thank you

4 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Kakku,

Very cool song with lots of interesting elements and melodies weaving throughout!😀

Nice choice of instruments and synths, and I really like the sound of the synth that comes in at around 42 seconds, great for the lead melodies.👍

Very nice work, kakku, best wishes!
Bob

Thanks Bob

Second mix, much better!

Is your drum kit a loop? Can you give the whole kit less reverb? the drummer is buried towards the back of the parking garage, but everyone else is up front, drier. Do you also have any reverb on the bass guitar/synth? that might be something to cut as well - those two steps might clarify the nether regions a bit further.

I like the Kakku Style! Looks good capitalized.

cheers,

-Tom

• Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Second mix, much better!

Is your drum kit a loop? Can you give the whole kit less reverb? the drummer is buried towards the back of the parking garage, but everyone else is up front, drier. Do you also have any reverb on the bass guitar/synth? that might be something to cut as well - those two steps might clarify the nether regions a bit further.

I like the Kakku Style! Looks good capitalized.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for your comment and tip. The drums is drumcore lite. You are probably right. The drum synth might have it's own reverb. I need to check that. Thanks

I have to agree with the comments made here.

Good instrumental that needs a bit of pruning ... only thing I can say is if it were my mix I would kill the reverb and check each track has the right balance  and placement.

In these old ears and everything seems to fighting without a winner.

I'm not sure if your using one FX out for reverb, but if so use different delay times making separate instrument busses for the main mix to further a clearer overall sound. EQ often helps to remove some middle/ muddle ... Anyway' .... It's hard getting a mix right but I have to agree with Tom ..however, I feel, this is worth a little extra time

.. Hope this helps 🤔

Regards

Steve

• Great Idea 1

18 minutes ago, SPAK said:

I have to agree with the comments made here.

Good instrumental that needs a bit of pruning ... only thing I can say is if it were my mix I would kill the reverb and check each track has the right balance  and placement.

In these old ears and everything seems to fighting without a winner.

I'm not sure if your using one FX out for reverb, but if so use different delay times making separate instrument busses for the main mix to further a clearer overall sound. EQ often helps to remove some middle/ muddle ... Anyway' .... It's hard getting a mix right but I have to agree with Tom ..however, I feel, this is worth a little extra time

.. Hope this helps 🤔

Regards

Steve

Thanks for the tips and comments