Udemy Ultimate Studio One Masterclass

cclarry

9 hours, pretty good, I'm a video course addict and love Udemy's drop pricing on some great courses. It does pay to watch the preview video's of the course and any other free ones that are sometimes indicated in the course structure to get a good idea of what it's like first. Sometimes there's annoying hard to understand accents or wasteful talking or using plugins that are third party and not included with studio one or using a different version of studio one to the one you have, all things to check out.  Also I've found treating it like professional education ie creating a time frame to finish it like one hour a day or so and committing to finishing it, whatever happens.

I don't use studio one but I have version 3, I don't mind doing courses on other DAW's because it's all learning about the same thing anyway and a lot of the knowledge you gain can be transferred over to the DAW you use. Sometimes I find that other DAW's will do something that I thought mine couldn't then I find that it can, all good learning.

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 3

Although it's good to do these long form courses I've also found that when I'm doing stuff in the DAW I will sometimes also run my TV connected to Youtube. Then when I want to do something in the DAW or use some function of a third party plugin I haven't used before, I just ask about it on the TV remote mic and up pops a video explaining it.

• Great Idea 3