HOW IT USED TO BE

Supa Reels

8 hours ago, Dean said:

Isn't interesting how "sad" songs can be so beautiful.  I really like this song!  The quality of the instruments and the vocal is bang on.

Thanks Dean, this one was totally organic no help from all the toys LOL

Steve

1 hour ago, freddy j said:

A very touching song with descriptive lyrics.  The presentation of  the lyrics (vocal) and the  "no ...toys..." instrumentation very effectively communicated the lyric.

Excellent work!

Thanks very much for your comment and listening ..really puffed up now !

ATB

Steve

On 7/27/2022 at 3:14 PM, daryl1968 said:

Wow Steve. You got me welling up here - this is lovely.  Laying yourself out for all to see like this isn't easy. Omg, the organ solo just came in. Spot on. 

I wouldn't change a thing. 

Praise indeed from another excellent wordsmith and songwriter ! Thanks for taking the time to comment and I'm glad you liked it Daryl 👊

ATB

Steve

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

@STEVE POOLE, Nice song and you sing it well.  In my humble opinion there is too much chorus effect on the main guitar and the background vocals are too low. 

Fair point Jim, the song was written with a heavy chorus fx on the guitar to bring in the Hammond without alienating the overall feel of the song, the backing vox was deliberately low so as to use it as a place where it could be used as a transition between verses. But although, for me, it feels right your obs is well taken, thankyou for listening and your comments.

Steve

• Like 1