PLEASE add mouse wheel scrolling

dougalex

AGAIN - please add mouse wheel scrolling to the input/output dropdown lists

I use x32 card with 32 inputs and 32 outputs. I have to tediously mouse click to scroll the input/output list (because the "more instinctive" and convenient mouse wheel scrolling is not implemented).

Thank you!

• Like 5
  • Great Idea 4

Absolutely, and also horizontal  scrolling on mouse hover over the horizontal slider.

I suggested this over three years ago.

Edit: now that I'm thinking about it, the drump map menu in the channel out section, and the plugin category list in the plugin browser, could use scrolling over, too.

Edited by Olaf
  • Great Idea 2

The menu would already be much more compact, if it was broken into submenus Inputs, Buses, Sidechain Inputs and whatnot.

Of course those with ridiculous amounts of inputs and outputs would probably still need the wheel control. 😁 There's no reason to have this long, flat menu for all this stuff.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, petemus said:

The menu would already be much more compact, if it was broken into submenus Inputs, Buses, Sidechain Inputs and whatnot.

Not that I've never said this before, but yes - organisation is key.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/19/2023 at 1:09 AM, Traveler said:

My request - please add mouse wheel scrolling to the SENDS menu.

I have numerous sends per project and clicking the up & down arrows is a tedious way to get to the bottom of the list to ADD or DELETE a send.

Thanks!

SENDS.thumb.jpg.13e3d3bdfc9dcfad91410bf2c0b6884c.jpg

For example, if you want to search New Aux Track you can press N, the same goes for plug-ins, press B to find bx_console, but it didn't work on Asian languages Because it's translated, I hope it can be fixed.

Edited by hadada
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, hadada said:

For example, if you want to search New Aux Track you can press N, the same goes for plug-ins, press B to find bx_console, but it didn't work on Asian languages Because it's translated, I hope it can be fixed.

I don't use many shortcut keys, thanks for suggestion. 👍

Mouse scrolling would work better because I usually have lots of aux tracks and plug-ins with sidechain ability. Most of the sidechains aren't patched to any particular track, but they're still in the menu and take-up screen real estate.

The places where it comes up for me are when assigning categories to plug-ins in the Browser and (especially) when assigning commands to the Control Bar's Custom Module.

Even after 5 years with Cakewalk, my middle finger instinctively goes to the mouse wheel when those lists come up....and I'm a tiny bit disappointed every time.

The code/Windows API that displays those lists is very old, goes back to before mouse wheels were a common thing. Long overdue for retirement.