Feat req: Option for thicker and more visible envelopes

GreenLight

Hi all!

I would love if envelopes could be made brighter/thicker for better visibility (when not using Automation Lanes). I am referring to envelopes for plugin parameter on audio tracks and envelopes on midi tracks, for example MIDI CCs.

It would be enough if this is applied just to the selected controller in the Edit Filter. Visually, the envelopes could be like how the envelopes were before the thinner envelopes were introduced last year.

It would also be great if one could easily change the color of individual envelopes on the fly. Sometimes they clash with the background.

Case in point: Which envelope is selected in the Edit Filter in the image below? 🤭

image.png.0ef965ad99d5b072e95b7d4d6acc730e.png

Keep up the great work! ❤️

Edited by GreenLight
Clarified purpose.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sjoens said:

You can change envelope colors in Preferences > Customization > Colors > Automation.

Thanks for the input, @sjoens! That could be helpful.. but I'm sorry,  I don't understand if it's possible. :)

I have looked through all options under Color Category "Automation", but cannot find any way to set custom colors for plugin parameter envelopes on audio tracks or for MIDI CC envelopes on midi tracks. You can tweak 30-40 different bus send envelopes and some standard ones like volume, mute, pan and clip gain, but that's it?

Envelope colors for plugin parameters and MIDI CC's are unaffected even if you change UI themes or switch color presets (Customization > Colors). They seem color change resistant? 🤔

I love the visibility of the older, thicker, envelopes, see below. (The new, thinner, envelopes were introduced back in 2021.04.)

image.png.342f0e11b6be1b1d2161275f40623f7c.png

Maybe "Thicker envelopes" could be an option under View > Display?

• Like 1

• GreenLight changed the title to Feat req: Option for thicker and more visible envelopes