Cakewalk won't even load up after soundcard settings change

Davydh

Question

Please can someone tell me how to delete the startup settings file that says what soundcard settings to use?
If I can delete it, I believe Cakewalk will load fine, and I really don't want to have to totally uninstall and reinstall.

I switched the soundcard driver settings and now it crashes every time. I just need to delete the file with those settings,
and it will load up perfectly. Thank you ahead of time!!!

4 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

The file you want to delete is AUD.INI within %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

Thank you. I tried that. It then ran the same soundcard again and crash without letting me first change the settings in Cakewalk.
So I deleted everything in that directory. That didn't work. Then I uninstalled cakewalk, but the Bandlab assist won't recognise that.
It keeps saying update Cakewalk. I click on it and it says downloading and doesn't move from 0.

What should I do now? I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the Bandlab Assistant and it keeps thinking Cakewalk is still installed,
even though it's not in the list of programs anymore in the add/remove programs in Windows.

Thanks again.

Here is what you might want to try.

Visit the manufacturer’s website of the audio interface you're using and download the latest driver.

Uninstall and reinstall your current driver and install the downloaded one.

Then download the Cakewalk installer

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

If all you use Bandlab Assistant for is to install and update Cakewalk by Bandlab, then you can uninstall Bandlab Assistant and use the Cakewalk installer instead.

51 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Here is what you might want to try.

Visit the manufacturer’s website of the audio interface you're using and download the latest driver.

Uninstall and reinstall your current driver and install the downloaded one.

Then download the Cakewalk installer

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

If all you use Bandlab Assistant for is to install and update Cakewalk by Bandlab, then you can uninstall Bandlab Assistant and use the Cakewalk installer instead.

Thank you for reminding me there was a separate Cakewalk installer. That didn't work either though,
but I found the bug.

My Dell Dock!!! I disconnected it and Cakewalk loaded fine!