Stagecraft Software Simple Stems (free limited time)

Yan Filiatrault

Simple Stems is a quick and easy way to decompose any audio into it’s constituent parts. The plugin uses the well established Spleeter algorithm by Deezer to deconstruct songs into 2, 4 or 5 stems. The results are stunning, though more complicated mixes and live recordings are not always perfectly decomposed.

49$, but free for a limited time

https://www.stagecraftsoftware.com/products/simplestems/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Got the serial as well.  Aside from not being able to assign an ASIO driver, I'm rather impressed with this.  Here are two quick examples of the splits in 2 (43 seconds: Full, Vox, Track) & 5 (52 seconds: Full, Vocal, Drums, Bass, Piano, Other).

Blessed Assurance

Consume Me

EDIT: I've used iZotope Music Balance some which certainly gives you more options but for what it does, Simple Stems is aptly named for the quick and easy split.

Edited by Fwrend
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't have prior experience with similar tools, but I was pretty impressed with the separation on a couple of songs I threw at it that are decidedly not the rock/pop style that the "Vocal/Drums/Bass/Piano/Other" categories imply it's looking for.

The results weren't perfect, but it was really good at teasing out bass and vocals in particular, and pretty good with drums. (So, the bits it seems it was expecting, unsurprisingly.) I can imagine a bunch of fun tricks to try with it. Playback within the tool and the GUI itself is a little fiddly for me, but for a freebie, it's a chicken dinner in my book.

• Like 2

Hey all -
Thanks everyone for checking out Simple Stems!

I got a ton of email with suggestions, feedback, and some bugs.
I haven't responded to all of your emails yet, but will be doing so soon.
Here are a couple quick notes on compatibility.

. . . 

There were also a couple usability updates last week, be sure to grab the latest when you can. All serials will continue to work, and all updates are free. Look for more updates in the weeks to come.

Finally, if you haven't found them already, you should check out the other free plugins here: www.stagecraftsoftware.com/products/free-plugins/

Latest Simple Stems Downloads are always here:  www.stagecraftsoftware.com/products/simplestems/

If you picked this up, check your e-mail for the compatibility notes.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

On sale for $15 now

https://www.stagecraftsoftware.com/products/simplestems/?coupon=MadCheap

Of course, spleeter is still free (same quality but without the UI conveniences)

https://github.com/deezer/spleeter

Interestingly, iZotope Music Rebalance (RX) and SpectralLayers Unmix also use spleeter models. There may be minor differences in the tweaks but it's essentially the same algorithm and it really comes down to which UI you prefer

• Like 1