Track Manager bug

Rick Lang

Annoying bug #2:

I have addressed this a long while ago, but seemingly it hasn't changed. When working on projects with a fairly reasonable track count (50-80) and I have a bunch of tracks archived I need to get them out of sight. In mixer/console mode this NEVER works. Opening Track Manager and unchecking said tracks they disappear, only to reappear when I change view and go back again. Same thing regardless if opening from shortcut or under Track>Track Manager.

1) No, I don't have any workspaces assigned.

2) No, my screensets are not locked so track (in)visibility should stick. It doesn't however.

image.thumb.png.d626bc2b08482ec141e59df50040ddaf.png

18 hours ago, Rick Lang said:

2) No, my screensets are not locked so track (in)visibility should stick. It doesn't however.

Screensets don't have to be locked to maintain different track visibility settings; each screenset has independent settings. But I can't get the Track Manager dialog to be out of sync with the Console view as shown in your screenshot other than by having uncommitted changes.

22 hours ago, Rick Lang said:

Annoying bug #2:

I have addressed this a long while ago, but seemingly it hasn't changed. When working on projects with a fairly reasonable track count (50-80) and I have a bunch of tracks archived I need to get them out of sight. In mixer/console mode this NEVER works. Opening Track Manager and unchecking said tracks they disappear, only to reappear when I change view and go back again. Same thing regardless if opening from shortcut or under Track>Track Manager.

1) No, I don't have any workspaces assigned.

image.thumb.png.d626bc2b08482ec141e59df50040ddaf.png

If you just de-selected those tracks, you need to click OK for them to disappear. Likewise if you just ticked the Track and Console Views sync box. It won't take affect until you click OK.

Something else to consider is that there are two Track Managers (one each for Track and Console Views). To me they look identical and open in the same spot in the window. That confuses me all the time because I usually have both views open with the Console docked at the bottom, and seldom have the Track and Console views in sync. So I will Open/Edit one when I'd intended to edit the other and don't discover my error until I click OK. I wish the words "Track" and "Console" were added to the Track Manager titles so they'd be easier to tell them apart.

Edited by Bill Phillips
Clarification
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

If you just de-selected those tracks, you need to click OK for them to disappear. Likewise if you just ticked the Track and Console Views sync box. It won't take affect until you click OK.

Something else to consider is that there are two Track Managers (one each for Track and Console Views). To me they look identical and open in the same spot in the window. That confuses me all the time because I usually have both views open with the Console docked at the bottom, and seldom have the Track and Console views in sync. So I will Open/Edit one when I'd intended to edit the other and don't discover my error until I click OK. I wish the words "Track" and "Console" were added to the Track Manager titles so they'd be easier to tell them apart.

Agreed. I always click OK. Regardless if I open Track Manager via shortcut H or via submenu under different views.  No difference. 

3 hours ago, David Baay said:

Screensets don't have to be locked to maintain different track visibility settings; each screenset has independent settings. But I can't get the Track Manager dialog to be out of sync with the Console view as shown in your screenshot other than by having uncommitted changes.

No, but I figured they might possibly need to be unlocked before changing track visibility in Track Manager. But that does not help either I'm afraid.