SampleTank Beat Machines

GroverKen

Just now, GroverKen said:

IK Multimedia releases Beat Machines for SampleTank 4 - An encyclopedic collection of 100 vintage analog drum machines.

Anyone know if this is part of SampleTank Max?

Not if it was just released.  New programs don't usually get added to the "Max" bundles

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

$79.99 and no discount whatsoever, regardless of what you own

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=13036

I’ve bought add-ons in the past but they’re usually discounted. I suppose with all the group buys and discounts at the moment they have to maximise profits somewhere.

Edited by GroverKen

This could be interesting. If it's based on the UNO drum PCM sounds, those are great.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the UNO working on my new PC in Ableton (even IK support stopped helping and I couldn't be bothered to start the whole process up again) and unfortunately Sampletank keeps on crashing (every session, I should really look into that).

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

and unfortunately Sampletank keeps on crashing (every session, I should really look into that).

Sampletank 4 is not crashing on my ancient system (configured as per signature)

Are you using Sampletank 4.21?  How many parts are you loading into a single instance (I try to keep it at 4)?

(might want to start a new thread)

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

unfortunately Sampletank keeps on crashing (every session, I should really look into that).

That's not normal! Probably needs looking into!

And if you would like relevant feedback here, then posting details that would help others attempt to replicate the crashes would be a plus! :)

42 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

But I expect it will be included in Sampletank Max 4.

Not necessarily. 

There are many other instruments that have been released for Sampletank that are not included in ST Max

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

But I expect it will be included in Sampletank Max 4.

IK doesn't typically add new products to existing bundles. So any new product releases will likely end up in the next version of Total Studio Max.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, abacab said:

That's not normal! Probably needs looking into!

And if you would like relevant feedback here, then posting details that would help others attempt to replicate the crashes would be a plus! :)

I will open up a ticket this weekend I think. I had this problem before, but honestly forgot about it. Until I tried to use one of those mangled piano instruments and it was back. It's not during loading or previewing or selecting the sounds, it's upon playback. Ableton just completely shuts down. But not always right away, after a couple of tries I could bounce out the audio. Luckily Ableton saves crashlogs, so I hope it is something that could be fixed. I found a topic on VI Control with people with the same problems on different DAWs. It could be file structure related, or some buffer setting. 

On topic: I'm a sucker for drums and if they are anything like the UNO samples, people should really consider this.