Random white Noise appearing

VisionPoint Media Group

Question

Hello,

I am experiencing random white noise.  I am not sure if it happens after I nomalize or not.  I didn't find out until later.  Trying to track down the culprit.  It there is just random static sprinkled throughout the recording.  Any ideas?  I did  search, but couldn't find anything that dealt with the random white noise.  This is premix down.

10 answers to this question

Longer Noise Clip.mp3

6 hours ago, bdickens said:

A one second audio clip isn't much to go on. It would sure be nice to have some context.

Thanks.   Here is a little more for context.  Different clip.  Thanks.Longer Noise Clip.mp3

Longer Clip 2.mp3

Edited by VisionPoint Media Group
Insert 2 Ciips

So what exactly are you using for audio equipment, that might narrow it down. Are you using an audio interface or a USB mike etc?? 

It almost sounded like an ambient recording of traffic in a city? Is there a start and end of a clip at that point? 

Edited by John Vere

Sounds like what you would get if you normalised a selection where that selection has no discernible audio present.  It is simply raising the noise floor because that is all that is present.

Is this a multi-track project? 

Is there a some auto normalising along with some gating going on in the signal chain somewhere?

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 4:17 PM, John Vere said:

So what exactly are you using for audio equipment, that might narrow it down. Are you using an audio interface or a USB mike etc?? 

It almost sounded like an ambient recording of traffic in a city? Is there a start and end of a clip at that point? 

Using an audio interface, AKG D5 mic.  It appears there is some kind of static spike in the wavelength that seems to expand when a part of the portion is normalized.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:31 PM, Promidi said:

Sounds like what you would get if you normalised a selection where that selection has no discernible audio present.  It is simply raising the noise floor because that is all that is present.

Is this a multi-track project? 

Is there a some auto normalising along with some gating going on in the signal chain somewhere?

Hello, it actually is a single track project.  I found that it does happen when there is a static spike that I can see in the wavelength.  Then when I normalize it increases.  You can still hear it previously before the normalization.  

Oddly had not encountered this before.  Wonder about energy surge, but again never revealed itself until now with the same setup.