Malena - Ennio Morricone Cover

markno999

On 7/27/2022 at 8:53 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Great job on this, nice dynamics & expression..listening on cans but the mix was very nice on the ears.

Thanks very much for the listen and comment.    Dynamics and Expression are about the only mixing I had to do with the aforementioned template from EW, very refreshing experience to not have to worry too much about mixing in the process of recording parts.     Thx.

On 7/27/2022 at 9:42 AM, daryl1968 said:

Pretty convincing strings Mark. Love the glissando. EM - such a genius. 

Daryl,

Thanks for the listen.   Yes, EM was quite a prolific composer, orchestrator, conductor, etc....   Have been listening to a lot of his stuff along with John Barry in my recent orchestral experimentation.   Good to see you back posting on the forum, quite enjoyed your recent song.

Regards

On 7/29/2022 at 8:41 AM, Wookiee said:

Impressive, sounds quite real, nice job @markno999

Thanks Wookiee,  much appreciated.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:47 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

Loved it. Morricone is in good hands here. The Gypsy holds up well in this spotlight! If you are using Spaces II, sounds like a perfect soundstage. Well done!

cheers,

-Tom

Tom,  thanks for the comment.   Without Gypsy the song wouldn't have quite hit the mark, really needed that emotive soloist to bring it home.    Yes, all EW  Spaces II, each group is sent to it's own reverb bus, Woodwinds, Strings, and then a bit from each to Abandoned Abbey and to a Soundstage Reverb.   The EW samples are great as they are recorded but the EW Spaces really makes it sound more like a real performance and glues it all together.  

Regards

The symphonic swells on this are breathtakingly good and the light and shade across the instruments is truly superb - what a fabulous piece. On your feed I also happened upon a new version of one of my favourite tracks from a certain @PhonoBrainer (A Bridge To Somewhere) - sounding as good if not better than ever with some added strings, a cool percussion track and - of course - that sax.

Fabulous work 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Andy

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2022 at 3:18 PM, AndyB01 said:

The symphonic swells on this are breathtakingly good and the light and shade across the instruments is truly superb - what a fabulous piece. On your feed I also happened upon a new version of one of my favourite tracks from a certain @PhonoBrainer (A Bridge To Somewhere) - sounding as good if not better than ever with some added strings, a cool percussion track and - of course - that sax.

Fabulous work 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Andy

Andy,

Thank you very much for the listen and comment.    

Will actually be posting an update of Bridge to Somewhere as I updated the strings and a few other things.    Will leave the current version up as well.    I agree, Phonobrainer came up with a good one in this song.

Regards

On 8/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Beautiful cover work.  As I was listening I googled Ennio Morricone.  He has quite a repertoire. 

😀John B

John,

Appreciate the listen.   Morricone has quite a long and illustrious career, although maybe most known for the Spaghetti Westerns with Sergio Leone, he also did much more in many genres.   Some of my favs are the music from Once Upon a Time in America and the Untouchables.      He also did the Hateful Eight with Quentin Tarantino in 2015.   That may have been one of his last.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:50 PM, MarkusClinus said:

Hi Mark. This is wonderful - such a rich sound - put me in a really good space. I love this man - hope all is good with you.

Thanks Mark, and good to hear from you.   All good here and happy to see the band is back together.  

Regards