SOLO BEHAVIOR

I hate to be dense but I'm having a hard time with soloing tracks. Probably user error but it seems like something's changed since the last update. It may be because I had been away from Sonar for a long time & I'm slowly getting to learn CbB again. Is there any easy way to understand  soloing tracks besides the documentation? Thanks.

On 7/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, charles kasler said:

I don't have it in front of me right now but I may have been doing just that, clicking the solo button in the mix module. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the input.

So how did that work out?

Solo with MIDI is not what I'm used to either.

Used to be, when you Solo'd a MIDI track that was routed to a virtual instrument, It would Solo the track and the VI, and if you un-solo'd ...you'd go back to the main mix.

now, the VI remains solo'd and you hear nothing.  It might be a pref, but jfc.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 11:47 AM, charles kasler said:

I don't have it in front of me right now but I may have been doing just that, clicking the solo button in the mix module. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the input.

Clicking solo in the mix module is a global operation to solo or unsolo ALL tracks
For soloing individual tracks or buses you have to click on the individual strip solo buttons.

• Like 1