Augmented Strings Upgrade 70% off

BTP

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Augmented Strings is actually not that much of a memory hog! For example, Augmented Strings + the displayed preset is only using 362 MB total. Augmented Stings is actually more of a synthesizer than sampler, so it's mostly CPU intensive. The installed sample library for the 300 presets is only a 2.5GB footprint.

So in theory, you could run dozens of instances of Augmented Strings loaded into your DAW tracks, as long as they were not all playing in unison, or simultaneously!

Here is the Augmented Strings library displayed by file/folder size on my sample drive. You can see that Arturia was very frugal with the sample sizes, unlike Soundpaint, LOL! 🤣

Augmented Strings - Library.PNG

I actually meant to say CPU hog but I am glad I messes up since you gave a good explanation

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

I purchased the upgrade, but man I don't think the portal downloaded anything. I mean it shows up as AS and not AS intro. I guess I have it. Fastest download eva.

I think something's up. Maybe not.

The upgrade apparently just unlocks the advanced features and additional presets. It was very fast here as well! :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mark B said:

No download required or minimal if I'd as I think it just unlocks advanced pa el.and extra presets ?

Thanks Mark,

So I already had the full version and unlocked it. That's interesting.

I have a fair number of strings libraries and against some of  them, this rocks. There are some patches in here I would need to dial in with other libraries. IOW, lots of useful patches I think will fit in a mix probably untouched. Even though this is a "synth" strings library, it competes well with sampled strings libraries all depending on what a person is doing. For me, I think I can simply slot in a bunch of these with no tweaking.

The process makes more sense to me when I consider Arturia's building legacy of modeled instruments. This stands somewhere in between. A good instrument with a small footprint. Hard to go wrong there.

Edited by Tim Smith
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I was trying the lite version this morning on a track. its kind of cool. sort of reminds me of the NI Play series synths. But yes, it does eat CPU like a sheep grazing the fields in fine hills of Scotland.

Do you also have Pigments?

I believe AS uses the same synth engine under the hood. Many folks have mentioned high CPU use with that as well.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:14 PM, abacab said:

I am logged in and have Augmented Strings Intro in my account. Still $99 here...

Same here;  I own Intro, and the website shows the $29 link, but when I log in to  my Arturia account, my price is $99.

I just sent sales an message asking for help.

8 minutes ago, Cecelius2 said:

Same here;  I own Intro, and the website shows the $29 link, but when I log in to  my Arturia account, my price is $99.

I just sent sales an message asking for help.

That worked for me. Sales support added the coupon to my shopping cart! :)