Arturia Keylab MK2 Control Mapping in Cakewalk

A Boi

So I recently purchased an Arturia Keylab MK2 61, works well and feels well too. However since it does not support Cakewalk, it's been a pain in the neck to use the control buttons. I found that setting the device as Mackie Control works the best. Most of the controls work, like the track commands and the transports, and the faders, encoders, and buttons control Track 1-8 perfectly, but still there are few problems that I really want to fix:

Standard HUI mode: 

Most Global Controls button (Save, In, Out, Undo) do nothing, and the Metro button toggles the Browser View. Also, the 9th set of fader and encoder do not control the volume and pan of the Master track. 

Standard MCU mode: 

Most of the buttons do not work, some even trigger unknown commands that disable my faders and encoders. 

In the Mackie Control tab in Cakewalk, there are only a few mapping selections (F1-8), but nothing changes after I switch the commands of F1-8. I also disabled handshake but it makes no difference. 
I also tried setting it as ACT midi controller, but I'm completely lost while trying to MIDI learn and map the buttons. 

Questions:

1. How can I map the controls in Mackie Control HUI/MCU mode to the correct controls?
2.  Which Controller/Surface mode is the best for Arturia Keylab MK2?

On 7/10/2022 at 6:33 PM, msmcleod said:

First, set up the Arturia Keylab so that its configured for MCU mode using Cubase - follow the first step under the Cubase section on this page:  https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405748362002-KeyLab-MkII-Tips-Tricks

In the Mackie Control surface dialog in Cakewalk set the Protocol to "Mackie Control Universal (Cubase Mode)"

Thanks for your response, however I can't find the option of choosing Cubase Mode in Cakewalk. Where can I find the option? 

20 hours ago, A Boi said:

Thanks for your response, however I can't find the option of choosing Cubase Mode in Cakewalk. Where can I find the option? 

After adding the Mackie Control surface in Preferences -> Control Surfaces, and clicking OK on the Preferences dialog, go to the Utilities menu and pick "Mackie Control - 1".

The option can be selected on the Mackie Control dialog:

image.png.3d8ea0c7968366cc9768b0039ffc829e.png

On 7/17/2022 at 6:01 PM, msmcleod said:

After adding the Mackie Control surface in Preferences -> Control Surfaces, and clicking OK on the Preferences dialog, go to the Utilities menu and pick "Mackie Control - 1".

The option can be selected on the Mackie Control dialog:

image.png.3d8ea0c7968366cc9768b0039ffc829e.png

My cakewalk app is already up to date, but I still don't have the cubase mode available. :( 
Any solution to this?

2022-07-20 23_59_37-Mackie Control - 1.png

22 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

@A Boi - what version of Cakewalk does it say you've got in the About screen?

Oh it says 2022.02 somehow, but I have already updated and even reinstalled Cakewalk just now. In Bandlab Assistant it says Cakewalk is up to date also.

2022-07-21 00_29_20-Arturia Keylab MK2 Control Mapping in Cakewalk - Cakewalk by BandLab - Cakewalk .png

2022-07-21 00_29_09-Cakewalk - [face.cwp_].png

1 minute ago, A Boi said:

Oh it says 2022.02 somehow, but I have already updated and even reinstalled Cakewalk just now. In Bandlab Assistant it says Cakewalk is up to date also.

2022-07-21 00_29_20-Arturia Keylab MK2 Control Mapping in Cakewalk - Cakewalk by BandLab - Cakewalk .png

2022-07-21 00_29_09-Cakewalk - [face.cwp_].png

The latest version of Cakewalk is 2022.06, which includes the latest Mackie Control surface changes. 

You can do this directly within Cakewalk by selecting "Check for Updates" from the Help menu.  BandLab assistant is no longer required for updates or activation.