Massive X

Ron Stranghoener

Just going through the "best of" bank and it sounds tremendous-ly familiar. 😉Edit : have now been through most of the patches but expected more in some of the genres. Maybe they will release some more banks soon. Found one or two nice patches but couldn't help thinking that we've heard it all before. Some of what's on offer looks interesting and I will have to look into the performer module or whatever it's called. My cpu is Ivy Bridge so it's ok with AVX 1 but not AVX 2. 

CPU load seems reasonable -haven't seen thread 1 go much above 4% yet.

WHjLgAU.jpg

Edited by ZincT

Downloaded and installed. I have just been auditioning some of the presets, I really love my S61 NI keyboard for this, just scrolling through direct from the keyboard and seeing what comes up.

First impressions.

• It sounds more digital the Massive to my ears.
  • There seems to be a high proportion of effects type presets and "way out" and heavily modulated sounds over the generally usable type of sound in the factory presets.
  • There are some very nice pads and a couple I have already flagged as "favourite" for future exploration.

• Like 4

I've been playing around with it and frankly I'm a bit underwhelmed. I agree with Glyn that is does sound digital. I suspect it is the quality of the factory presets and applied effects but haven't had a chance to play with making sounds yet. But I just didn't get that 'wow' that I got when I first played a D50 or FM8. We're also in 2019 and expectations are higher. There are a few presets I really like though. I'm not sure I like the Best of bank much at all. I'm sure it can be pushed to sound much better. I'm surprised there aren't more and better sounds when it ships.

Not very happy. Six months of waiting only to find I can't have it (as part of Komplete 12) as my processor isn't AVX compatible (something i'd never heard of until today). No way around it. Not happy at all. Could be the last Native Instruments purchase form me.

Edited by Benny Bear
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Benny Bear said:

Not very happy. Six months of waiting only to find I can't have it (as part of Komplete 12) as my processor isn't AVX compatible (something i'd never heard of until today). No way around it. Not happy at all. Could be the last Native Instruments purchase form me.

Not compatible with my Commodore 64. I'm so frustrated!

4 hours ago, Benny Bear said:

Ran into the same problem.  Running a dual cpu 12core Xeon system. Older machine but still has some kick, was an upgrade from my core 2 quad system (ran like a champ). Not looking to buy a new machine anytime soon. Not just for a single synth especially.