Is it possible to download GarageBand sounds to Cakewalk?

Lawson Currie

Question

I have an iPhone that has GarageBand, and an Asus laptop that has Cakewalk. I want to use some of the instrument sounds from GarageBand into Cakewalk (Alchemy Synth, Keyboards, etc.) , including a few custom ones I created. I'm guessing that since my laptop is not an Apple one, it cannot support GarageBand, so I want to try to potentially connect GarageBand to Cakewalk, or download versions of the synths used. Is it possible to do this? If so, how? I haven't found anything online that tells me how I can import these sounds into Cakewalk.

4 answers to this question

Cakewalk uses formats like DX and VST for soft synths. There is possibly every imaginable sound available and used by majority of DAWs in the VST format.
AU are Mac only. VST are universal. 
Welcome to the world of PC Digital audio.

The sounds you want are easily available and most are free as VST. 

Edited by John Vere

one option would be to create the parts using the GB instruments and export the audio - then import into CW - setting your project tempos etc. if using MIDI in GB - export the MIDI as type 0 (all sources in 1 file) and import into CW as that should provide the tempo info as well as the MIDI content. from there, the sky's the limit on instruments for the MIDI source.

Edited by Glenn Stanton