PSP Oldtimer Vintage Compressor $19.99 and PSP OldtimerMB Multiband $49.99 at JRRShop

MusicMan

PSP @ JRRShop - Oldies, but goodies 🙂

https://www.jrrshop.com/psp-oldtimer

• $99.00 /  $19.99

https://www.jrrshop.com/psp-oldtimermb-multiband-compressor-plugin

• $199.00 / $49.99

Both cheaper in cart and can use the GROUP code for a slight extra saving.

-

Also now available at AudioDeluxe for $16.65 for OldTimerME with code SUMMER22 and you get Antares Choir free with purchase plus earn $0.83 DeluxeBucks 🙂

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/psp-audioware-oldtimerme

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 3

Dang it!  PSP Old Timer - bought and installed.

A couple of years ago I was trying to thin out plugins and was thinking PSP was one Dev I could do without.  A few sub $20 no-brainers later, and I'm collecting them again. My two most used are the Twin-L and the 2445 EMT reverb.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, antler said:

It'd be a better company if it wasn't adopting iLok

Meh...  beg to differ.

I'm setting up a new(ish) computer and the iLok plugins (I use the iLok3 dongle) were the least problematic thing I had to deal with.
Turns out I had a flakey SSD hard drive that always passed diagnostics but the OS would gradually get corrupted - the last one lasted for almost 3 weeks before suddenly going south and becoming unbootable.  
I ended up installing Windows multiple times (at least 5) in the course of dealing with this and had to contact multiple plugin developers because I had burned through my allowable authorizations.  
Also not having to deal with all the various authorization/licensing schemes was a joy. 
The one exception that comes to mind is Softube - with their clunky installer that won't remember your password & other issues using iLok doesn't help things.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, antler said:

It'd be a better company if it wasn't adopting iLok

IMHO iLok is much better than most other machine dependent authorizations! With iLok it is at least clear what you have to do in case of a problem (it is a standard), almost no provider specific handling! And even if a provider disappears, you still can move your authorizations!

When I had problems with my laptop's Windows installation it was a nightmare with all those different machine dependent authorizations, each company has its own rules (de-authorization, number of authorizations are unknown, information not available,  ...). And if you have authorizations on a iLok dongle it is even better in case of system problems, 'cos it is not affected!

Okay, still I prefer real offline keys (offline serial or offline file)!

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Turns out I had a flakey SSD hard drive that always passed diagnostics but the OS would gradually get corrupted - the last one lasted for almost 3 weeks before suddenly going south and becoming unbootable.  

My backup software (Macrium Reflect) is great at catching SSDs at the first hint of a hardware problem, but before anything gets lost and before any other utilities notice there is a problem at all. They have a free version but I purchased it to help support the developer. Highly recommended.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 3

3 hours ago, marled said:

IMHO iLok is much better than most other machine dependent authorizations! With iLok it is at least clear what you have to do in case of a problem (it is a standard), almost no provider specific handling! And even if a provider disappears, you still can move your authorizations!

When I had problems with my laptop's Windows installation it was a nightmare with all those different machine dependent authorizations, each company has its own rules (de-authorization, number of authorizations are unknown, information not available,  ...). And if you have authorizations on a iLok dongle it is even better in case of system problems, 'cos it is not affected!

Okay, still I prefer real offline keys (offline serial or offline file)!

There's definitely some benefits with that, but if there was another licensing scheme that was as pervasive, then most of those benefits would apply.

For me, that's iLoks number one benefit. But they could improve many aspects really easily and keep everyone happy. If they made all authorizations available by Cloud, or Machine and then had an option for a periodic check-in so it cached the authorization in case of internet outages, travel, etc then automatically return those licenses to your license pool, then I'd be more comfortable with it. That would protect everyone from hard drive failures, upgrades messing with the machine ID, etc.

Then if people still want to use a dongle, given them that as an option too.

Simple way of using the current platform but not penalizing paying customers.

I still much prefer real offline keys and offline auth files too! I always support those developers more as I like to reward them 🙂

• Like 1

Definitely a nice reverb that one.

Pretty sure I still have an extra unregistered key for the 2445 EMT reverb 🙂

It now has a new home with one of the members on here 😎

Edited by MusicMan
No longer available
  • Great Idea 1

12 hours ago, MusicMan said:

For me, that's iLoks number one benefit. But they could improve many aspects really easily and keep everyone happy. If they made all authorizations available by Cloud, or Machine and then had an option for a periodic check-in so it cached the authorization in case of internet outages, travel, etc then automatically return those licenses to your license pool, then I'd be more comfortable with it. That would protect everyone from hard drive failures, upgrades messing with the machine ID, etc.

They could also make ZTD and replacements for dongles that haven't been physically damaged free.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, antler said:

They could also make ZTD and replacements for dongles that haven't been physically damaged free.

A very good point. I also find it a little funny the thought of paying an annual fee for ZDT to protect the licenses of the software you already paid for.. almost sounds like WUP to me! 🤣

My preference is serial, or offline license file, so if the developers choose to go with iLok instead, then maybe they should pay for ZDT.. or like you said, iLok include it free.

But they seems to charge money whichever way they turn, so not sure I see that happening!

Maybe if the new open standard C.L.A.P plugin format gets off the ground the same group could look at an open license system based off blockchain and we could ditch iLok altogether 😎

• Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Fleer said:

The latest iLok version allows you to deactivate machine activations from another computer (like when you lost the other one) IIRC. 

Whoah... is that for PSP plugins only or all iLok licenses in general?