Seeing same console view colors/icons in track view on MIDI tracks

Sven

When I set the colors and icons in console view the associated MIDI tracks in track view do not appear the same.   They're standard issue color.   It would be nice to see the MIDI/AUDIO track pairs appear the same in track view but it's not the end of the world..  Is this possible?  

Thanks.

By default they should be the same. You may have unchecked the box in preferences " show Strip Colours" possibly this makes a difference, it doesn't on mine but worth a try. There is also a box in the Colour pallet you can try that says "Follow Bus" 

141486388_Screenshot(434).png.87452476d1869004f2676887cacb72f6.png

388660269_Screenshot(435).png.5a2a37612b268d2c579cca7501ac750b.png

Hi John Vere,

Those suggestions didn't seem to work but thanks. 

Out of curiosity when you insert a new MIDI soft synth and change the audio colors and icons in console view do you see the same appearance in track view?  Before I spend too much time on this I would like to know if it's a setting on my side or people normally do or don't see the same color/icons in track view.

When I insert a midi track or split an instrument track, the midi track starts with a 5-pin din icon. I just inserted a soft synth (simple synth), changed it green with the track color picker , and then split it.  The MIDI track was green, the audio track was the default color.

Did you test all insertion methods, all background color selection methods, various sequencing of saving and reloading the project, moving tracks, etc.?  I don't have the time to try the various combinations at the moment. Sometimes factors like these change results. 

Hope this helps.

Test 2: Inserted a MIDI track, inserted an instrument, changed the color of each to green, pointed each to the same instance of the soft synth, merged them into an instrument track, changed the color to purple, split the combined track. Result: Midi Track was purple, Instrument/Audio Track was green.

Edited by User 905133
to add test 2