Dotted lines around plugs in the FX bin..

Wayne Smith

I've been troubleshooting -a UAD problem actually, that may turn out to be a one time issue and has since stopped happening ('some plugs disabled' error 27' on a bounce to track mixdown. (Sonar 8.5 BTW

Along the way I noticed most of the plugs in the FX bins -primarily the UAD EQs -but others as well, have dotted lines around them.

I first took that to indicate 'disabled plugs. But now it looks this not the case. I'd like to confirm,  as silly as this is, frankly maybe I just never paid attention and noticed it? But opening this -and other projects now for example, the first plugs in the tracks all having dotted boarders normal?

Thanks Wayne

Some interesting responses here.  ('Get a new system et all...

As I began to  suspect and since verify -dotted lines around plugs are a normal feature- 

First one in the bin, or last selected.  Guess I'm not the only one never noticed  :>)

• Haha 1

You're running UAD plug-ins on Sonar 8.5 when you could be running them on Cakewalk by BandLab at no cost or risk to update?

I'd at least give it a try.

I would not be  surprised people on the Cakewalk by BandLab forum don't know anything about dotted lines around plug-in names in Sonar 8.5. That program was discontinued almost 9 years ago. Who would remember such a thing even if they were running Sonar 8.5 back then?

msmcleod's suggestion to search in the old forum is a great idea for Sonar 8.5 issues as it goes very far back.

CJ Jacobson's suggestion to try CbB is an even better idea.😊