Steinberg Summer Sale: 50% Off Groove Agent, 30% Off all Dorico versions! Valid through July 28th!

cclarry

I'm not sure if the Percussion Agent is in GA SE, but it is my favorite part.  The ability to change the complexity, randomness, intensity, etc of the various percussion instruments.  All this can be automated. 

But as is so typical with Steinberg, they do NOTHING with this.  They should sell more percussion Agents with world drums, but no...

I bought a few of their excellent expansions, and I rarely use it.   I'm going to load it up today and put it though its paces   Simon Stockhausen's Colliding Worlds is very cool

https://www.steinberg.net/vst-instruments/groove-agent/expansions/colliding-worlds/

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

I’ve had a discussion with myself today whether I should level up my Groove Agent SE and get Groove Agent, but after looking at the comparison chart at Steinberg my left brain finally told me no. I do have a lot of options when it comes to drums so I can’t find the motivation even at 50% off.  The biggest benefit for me would have been to be able to use it outside Cubase.

25 minutes ago, Canopus said:

I’ve had a discussion with myself today whether I should level up my Groove Agent SE and get Groove Agent, but after looking at the comparison chart at Steinberg my left brain finally told me no. I do have a lot of options when it comes to drums so I can’t find the motivation even at 50% off.  The biggest benefit for me would have been to be able to use it outside Cubase.

I have yet to discover the ones in Komplete, MDrummer, Battery, Modo Drums. 

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'm not sure if the Percussion Agent is in GA SE, but it is my favorite part.  The ability to change the complexity, randomness, intensity, etc of the various percussion instruments.  All this can be automated. 

But as is so typical with Steinberg, they do NOTHING with this.  They should sell more percussion Agents with world drums, but no...

I bought a few of their excellent expansions, and I rarely use it.   I'm going to load it up today and put it though its paces   Simon Stockhausen's Colliding Worlds is very cool

https://www.steinberg.net/vst-instruments/groove-agent/expansions/colliding-worlds/

Good video . Just watched it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

I have yet to discover the ones in Komplete, MDrummer, Battery, Modo Drums. 

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

I think it all depends what you are doing with it. For me , I am a Cubase user, and automating the complexity and velocity in GA is really great and saves me lots of time.  I used to program drums manually, which now I know was a huge waste of time. That time could have been better spent working on chords or riffs. Is someone really gonna turn around and go, "oh wow. Man, that closed hi hat MIDI part thingy you did there really  makes that song man!!!"

Then from there, I can use the kits in GA  or export the midi and replace with other kits. I don't know, maybe EZD  and SD can do that better. I don't really know.  

Also, worth checking out doc for some of the expansions. They are a lot deeper than they look.

https://steinberg.help/simon_phillips_jazz_drums/v1/en/halion/topics/content_sets/simon_phillips_jazz_drums/simon_phillips_jazz_drums_c.html

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Then from there, I can use the kits in GA  or export the midi and replace with other kits. I don't know, maybe EZD  and SD can do that better. I don't really know. 

When it comes to transferring MIDI patterns between different drum program’s proprietary maps, I’m using Toontrack’s discontinued EZplayer Pro. That plugin is absolutely perfect for persistent remapping. I have started to convert MIDI grooves from Addictive Drums 2 through EZplayer Pro with EZD as destination. When automatically remapped, I drag the converted MIDI into a separate folder accessible by EZD3. That way I can actually include beats that originates from AD2 in EZD’s Tap2Find. Now how cool is that?

As I’ve also got K12U I could theoretically do the same for all the MIDI drum patterns found in Komplete (Abbey Road, Studio Drummer and Battery) as they are also available as valid sources in EZplayer Pro. Groove Agent is available as well, as are e.g. BFD and SSD. Too bad Toontrack stopped selling EZplayer Pro many years ago, but from a commercial standpoint I can actually understand why.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Greg said:

If using Cubase can use drum maps to accomplish in a more manual manner what EZ Player Pro did. Takes some time to build a map but once you make it can reuse, etc. 

For me, as a maschine user, its really handy. Its sort of allows lots of functionality of maschine but native to Cubase. Its a lot of clicking -- so I am learning various template tricks to try to save procedures.

• Like 1