couple of CPU-related questions

Gary Shore

Question

Greetings to all and as always much thanks for everyone's help in the past over here...

After being into the DAW for a while,finally getting into the kinds of advanced mixing approaches I've been studying,started working w/a bunch of new plugins and came up against something I wasn't able to find info about so posting this thread...wonder if people here could help me figure out something basic as far as plugins/CPU....

In terms of having a plugin installed in the FX rack,if the plugin itself is disabled,will it still be affecting the CPU just by virtue of it's being there?

What about when the FX rack is bypassed?

A secondary question concerns clips as far as the CPU hit involved in having a bunch of clips/editing vs.bouncing these down....also how having ASP clips along w/standard ones factors into things....

TBCH have a lot of stuff I've been working on getting an understanding of like the above and so will be posting more frequently over here....

Edited by Gary Shore

2 answers to this question

Hey much thanks for posting this,scook is the man and was glad to see he replied w/info;actually found a tutorial a little while after I posted this showing this kind of stuff where various plugins/FX racks were disabled....

BTW my focus w/both these aspects is on overall CPU effect on the Project and it being 100% functional in the DAW vs.latency specifically...

Edited by Gary Shore