Using Surround in Cakewalk by Bandlab

Hi all,

I have been going to Cakewalk to look at some of my surround sound projects, and the surround features appear to be completely missing.  Were they intentionally removed from Cakewalk, and, if so, at what version?  It's an important feature for me and my primary usage case for Cakewalk at this point.  Could someone let me know the last build that has it?  I'd love to see it return as a feature if it was intentionally removed.

I wonder when the developers will take note of how many post we get like this and change the default workspace to either none or advanced?  
And think of the possible hundreds of new users who don’t understand this and try Cakewalk and abandon it because it’s missing features they wanted?  
All  because they don’t want new users to be overwhelmed by  too many buttons?  

Edited by John Vere

On 7/6/2022 at 3:13 PM, John Vere said:

I wonder when the developers will take note of how many post we get like this and change the default workspace to either none or advanced?  

The actual default workspace is set by the user during the on-boarding process. Of course, this requires the user to pause, read the screen and make a decision before continuing.

6pGo0vG.png

I doubt first time users have issues with the Basic workspace. Most, if not all, the questions where workspace is the answer come from users who believe a feature has been removed from CbB.

Is it a problem that only stereo connection is currently possible and it does not support surround multi-channel plug-ins?
I would like to use Dolby ATMOS etc ...
Or is it possible now?

Thanks all.

The "workplaces" thing was definitely the problem.  I agree that having workplaces that can cut things like menu items is pretty confusing, especially if the default cuts out features.  I probably just dismissed that dialog at some point thinking it was a standard "getting started" dialog, versus something that would cut substantial features out of accessibility.

Best regards,

Michael