Soundiron Vocal Suite 2 & Collection 2

cclarry

7 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I understood the issue. It was just the way he commented on those that didn’t seem to read it right that I perceived as rude. All good if that was not the case, but I read those answers yesterday and today and felt the same way each time.

Sorry to hear that you are not comfortable with the comments here, but understood. Those comments did not appear to me to be intended as personal attacks in any way, but we are entitled to our own opinions. Is English your main language? Nothing wrong if it's not, but perhaps some humor was lost here in translation?

Requesting that folks read and understand the posts in the forum is not disrespectful, because often confusion ensues when others follow a misunderstanding down a rabbit hole.

Besides he is Larry, and he gets a long leash... 😜

• Thanks 1

As I said, the Foghorn Leghorn was just "humor".  The second comment was not humor, it was merely factual, but NOT rude.
I even went "the extra mile" in the THIRD post to LITERALLY explain the first and second ones, so as to eleviate any confusion,
and yet, because the commenters didn't take the time to read the posts, click the links, and check the prices, etc...they instead
made ASSUMPTIONS and commented BEFORE trying to understand the issue being posted.

As I said, there was nothing "rude" in what I said!  If you are THAT sensitive, and don't get "Looney Toons" humor, that's beyond of my control!

I'm sorry Yan, if you misunderstood, or failed to try to understand, or if you perceived it as "rude", whichever it may have been. 
MusicMan even LITERALLY explained it in very simple terms!

Granted, those unfamiliar with "Looney Toons" would probably think it rude, BUT IT'S JUST A CARTOON, and it's just humor,
so I'm sorry to whoever may have "missed it"!

So PLEASE don't be offended by CARTOON humor!

And, if you know ANYTHING about Foghorn Leghorn....it was HE who was the "stupid one" and Eggbert (hey boy) who was the SMART one!

And, besides that...there is a VERY IMPORTANT LIFE LESSON to all this:

When we allow ourselves to react EMOTIONALLY, rather then think LOGICALLY, we tend to LOSE sensibility, and consequently, REALITY!

PS...Just the fact that so many were "offended" by a cartoon is, shall we say, "revealing"!

• Like 2

One very important lesson is also that it's a forum with written words, read by people from all around the world, having different native languages, cultures, etc.

Writing can be interpreted in many ways. I was not referring to the cartoon, as I don't know Looney Tunes, nor did I understood what's written in that cartoon.

The way you were answering, such as "Pay attention when I"m talkin' boy!", "People can't seem to pay attention for some reason....
I guess reading is too much trouble.", were the comments that I found rude because I read them and understood them literally... 

Good for you if that was some kind of humor, but obviously, I'm not familiar with that sense of humor, even though I'm really familiar with english as a second language...

1 hour ago, smallstonefan said:

So much hostility in this thread!

I know Larry and it came across rude to me as well.

Sometimes humor misses the mark…

I thought I was at Vi-Control there for a bit.

Even at $119 I'm not a fan of these type libraries that have phrases.  I have some that take up space.  There's enough loops out there not tied to a player.

So, after 4 days I FINALLY got a response.  They didn't even bother to CHECK!

Here's their response, and then MY response.

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting Native Instruments and for reporting this issue!

Apologies for the discrepancy, sometimes the site will display a different upgrade option or the wrong region. It appears that in this case, the site was showing the update price, and not the price for the full product. 

It can honestly be a difficult issue to troubleshoot due to the root problem typically being browser compatibility, but the correct pricing info will always appear when you are logged into the pricing page.

Unfortunately, we do have to ask that you pay the price that is displayed when you attempt to check out. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks again for contacting Native Instruments and have a great day!

Best regards,
Pris @ NI

Larry ShelbyToday at 13:50

No, that's NOT correct.
It shows 50% off the full price as the SALE PRICE!
The UPDATE price from Collection 1 is $119
Don't you people have a CLUE about what you are doing?

It states SPECIFICALLY that it is a SALE PRICE!!!
You didn't even LOOK at it!
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/nks-partners/

SERIOUSLY?

Larry W. Shelby

Edited by cclarry

14 minutes ago, cclarry said:

So, after 4 days I FINALLY got a response.  They didn't even bother to CHECK!

Here's there response, and then MY response.

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting Native Instruments and for reporting this issue!

Apologies for the discrepancy, sometimes the site will display a different upgrade option or the wrong region. It appears that in this case, the site was showing the update price, and not the price for the full product. 

It can honestly be a difficult issue to troubleshoot due to the root problem typically being browser compatibility, but the correct pricing info will always appear when you are logged into the pricing page.

Unfortunately, we do have to ask that you pay the price that is displayed when you attempt to check out. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks again for contacting Native Instruments and have a great day!

Best regards,
Pris @ NI

Larry ShelbyToday at 13:50

No, that's NOT correct.
It shows 50% off the full price as the SALE PRICE!
The UPDATE price from Collection 1 is $119
Don't you people have a CLUE about what you are doing?

It states SPECIFICALLY that it is a SALE PRICE!!!
You didn't even LOOK at it!
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/nks-partners/

SERIOUSLY?

Larry W. Shelby

So now I believe I should perceive this answer as humor, right? ( just kidding)

Edited by Yan Filiatrault
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Even at $119 I'm not a fan of these type libraries that have phrases.  I have some that take up space.  There's enough loops out there not tied to a player.

These are good if you're into vocal libraries. The solo voice titles do contain phrases, but they also have playable legato vowel patches too (some have more vowels than others), so you can play any melody/harmony that you want.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, antler said:

These are good if you're into vocal libraries. The solo voice titles do contain phrases, but they also have playable legato vowel patches too (some have more vowels than others), so you can play any melody/harmony that you want.

Meanwhile Bela D has a sale and thinking of Gothic Choir.

Edited by Paul Young
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

Meanwhile Bela D has a sale and thinking of Gothic Choir.

Paul, if buying from Bela D during this sale has no drama or excitement I’ll pass…..GAS + Controversy Impulse Buying is my new thing hahah

2 hours ago, Olong Johnson said:

I own the (first?) Soundiron bundle that I purchased from NI in 2017.  I'm not eligible for the upgrade price on either Collection 2 or Vocal Suite 2, even though I already own half the products in those bundles. 👎

I believe it is only for people who bought the later Collection that was released a few years ago.

Got another reply to one of the FOUR tickets I put in (from the EXACT SAME PERSON -
DESPITE SENDING IT TO A DIFFERENT DEPT!)
with the EXACT SAME REPLY...that the $178 Price is the UPDATE PRICE, when
it's NOT....it says SALE PRICE and underneath THAT price it says CLICK HERE for
the UPDATE price, which is $119 when you go the product page and click
the drop down and select UPDATE!

MORONS!  

It's tiring that people DON'T READ, DON'T INVESTIGATE, and THEN try to make YOU the "rude" person
for telling them that the didn't even TRY to understand what's being said -even when LINKS
AND CLEAR EXPLANATIONS are provided!

And that's NOT RUDE!  That's HONEST!

Edited by cclarry