Windows Update (Fixed)

bayoubill

Does anyone know how to get to the individual windows update page? I've downloaded one and it's old but when I go to check updates it says Your device is up to date.

I tried but I wind up back in the same place I go to in settings, I ve' tried the magazine but no luck. This is ridiculous 

All I want to do is plain use my DAW 

Edited by bayoubill

thanks razor!   I've run it many times.

There's a problem getting to the updates I need.  

I just clicked on windows download Assistant and it started doing things in the background and my pc crashed. I checked my desktop and there was a shortcut to it and nothing would work so I rebooted and uninstalled it

Not real clear on what you want to do. If it is to bring an older version of Win 10 up to the current version look at this page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If it is to load any updates for your current version that have not been applied to your installation:

settings>update and security>windows update

If you want to know what your current version/build is type system information into the search box then system information

My system information shows that I am up to date at Version  10.0.17763 Build 17763, but the May 2019 update is 1903 for which you may have to reach out:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

If you installed an update that crashed your DAW, you might be able to uninstall it.

Go to "Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > View installed updates ". To uninstall an update, select it from the list and click "Uninstall".

I uninstalled  the assistant and it runs fine now. 

I tried the Audient iD14 on my wife's pc and device manager didn't detect it. I used different usb cable too. Iooks like the Audient is bad which isn't that old to be going out

7 minutes ago, abacab said:

What was the fix, if you don't mind sharing?

Yes, us inquiry minds want to know... 

Ahhh, I see the interface bit the dust....good to see Sweetwater will replace it.

Edited by Mesh

rhetorical question

if you have a car that won't start, and you take it to the mechanic to get it "fixed," and it starts, and then three weeks later it won't start again, so you take it to the mechanic again and they get it started, and three weeks later it won't start again, so you take it to the mechanic and they get it to start   and three weeks later it won't start again......

Is it really fixed?

1 hour ago, Jesse Screed said:

rhetorical question

if you have a car that won't start, and you take it to the mechanic to get it "fixed," and it starts, and then three weeks later it won't start again, so you take it to the mechanic again and they get it started, and three weeks later it won't start again, so you take it to the mechanic and they get it to start   and three weeks later it won't start again......

Is it really fixed?

If it won't start, how are you taking it to the mechanic??? 😮