Band-in-a-box Xtra Styles PAK 13 & XPro Styles PAK 3

Yan Filiatrault

Xtra Styles PAK 13 & XPro Styles PAK 3 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows® are Here!

Xtra Styles PAK 13 includes a full spectrum of audio delights, with 200 new styles for Jazz, Country, Rock & Pop, and Singer-Songwriter.

XPro Styles PAK 3 adds 100 new styles, including 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between!

Add more versatility and a modern flair to your current RealTracks and RealDrums library with Xtra Styles PAK 13 & XPro Styles PAK 3!

Special pricing! Save over 40% until
July 15, 2022! (29$, also available in bundles)

https://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?pak=all&os=win#pak13&utm_source=sendy&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bbwin2022_XSP13_XP3_1

https://www.pgmusic.com/xpro.php?pak=all&os=win#pak3&utm_source=sendy&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bbwin2022_XSP13_XP3_1

I thought I was reasonably knowledgeable about all the BIAB products.  I have Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 and I will get 13.     And I've collected a lot of bonus 49Paks too.

But I don't really understand these XPro Styles PAK series.  They are being directed at the PRO (lowest level) customers, but apparently there is new material for everybody?   To be honest, I was surprised to see I didn't own any. 

I'll have to call them and see how much new content they add for somebody like me. 

Anybody own these XPro Styes PAKs? 

And then PGMusic will get me to upgrade and buy another Xtra Styles PAK in December.  😩

55 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Thanks Reid/ALC. I should’ve been clearer. I’m a first time buyer.   With this said I do see sweetwater has Pro version for mac discounted for $99 instead of $129.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BIAB22ProM--pg-music-band-in-a-box-2022-pro-for-mac-download

Yes.  My sense is that it 's better to start with BIAB by buying from a reseller.  Then upgrade as you like from PGMusic.

When I first bought BIAB it was a $50 CD at Sam Ash.   Since then I have been upgrading now and then...  😄

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Thanks Reid. I went back to your videos on BIAB that you posted last year.  Forgot how great they were.  

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

$50 CD at Sam Ash.

As for CD,  is it that shiny round thing people used to insert into their computer ?  Hahaha just giving you a hard time :)

22 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Thanks Reid. I went back to your videos on BIAB that you posted last year.  Forgot how great they were.  

As for CD,  is it that shiny round thing people used to insert into their computer ?  Hahaha just giving you a hard time :)

Yes, it was state of the art.  Shortly before that,  I got my music software on 3.5  floppy discs (1.44  MB)

My first DAW, Sequencer Plus, came on a  5.25 floppy (capacity 1.2. MB)  You put in the disk to load the software in memory, took it out and put in another disk to save your songs. 

In those days a 20MB hard drive was considered good size. 

So you can see how excited we were to get software on a CD, which had up to 700 MB of data.  😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kevin H said:

Thanks Reid/ALC. I should’ve been clearer. I’m a first time buyer.   With this said I do see sweetwater has Pro version for mac discounted for $99 instead of $129.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BIAB22ProM--pg-music-band-in-a-box-2022-pro-for-mac-download

$99 looks to be a good price.  It comes pretty close to the 25% off I could find in the forum history.

Edited by ALC

It's worth mentioning that, the Xtra styles ( as opposed to the XPro styles):

• don't have any new RealTracks, but use combinations of existing RealTracks for the new styles.
  • require you to have at least the UltraPack to use, presumably because only the UltraPack has the required RealTracks.

The XPro styles contain their own new RealTracks and can be used with any version of BIAB 2022.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2022 at 4:19 AM, msmcleod said:

The XPro styles contain their own new RealTracks and can be used with any version of BIAB 2022.

Just a slight note about this.  There are three XPro PAKS.  The first one works with BIAB 2021 and the other two need 2022

The regular Xtra Styles require the version of BIAB that was out when they were released. 

So XtraStyles  13 needs the  2022 Ultrapak

XtraStyles 11 & 12 need 2021

XtraStyles 9 & 10 need 2020

XtraSTyles 7 & 8 need 2019

and so on. 

BIAB does not make it easy to buy from them.  Their site is really confusing.  But they make up for it by having such excellent customer service.  It's easy to get things sorted out.

• Like 2