Why does only one of each pair of outputs show in preferences?

I now use a Presonus Quantum audio interface. In Cakewalk's preferences,  In the Audio (Devices) section, I'm wondering why it shows only the odd-numbered inputs and outputs. And in Driver Settings, the PLayback Timing Master  shows as Quantum Asio driver Main Out Left. It's obvious that each pair is working and in stereo, and nothing is out of the ordinary as far as recording or playback. Also, if I create and audio track, I can assign it to (for example)  Left Quantum Mic/Line in 3 or Right Mic/Line in 3, which should correspond to inputs 3 and 4 of my Quantum. My question is, why this numbering scheme, shouldn't each numbered input/output be labeled as such? Is there a setting that allows for this, or does it simply not matter?  PS, I've been using Cakewalk since the 90's, and I also noticed this issue with my old MOTU Ultralite when it came to assigning inputs, but the Playback Master was listed as MOTU outputs 1 and 2, not just 1 or Left. 

Thanks, all. 

Yeah, it's a pain, other audio programs I use that uses ASIO drivers have the ability to take what the PreSonus driver is giving it and translate that into "Input 1, Input 2, Input 3, Input 4, etc."

I've never bothered to say anything to either party because on the PreSonus side, the drivers for my Firebox and Firepods will never be touched again, and on the Cakewalk side, I suspect "we list what the driver reports" would be the end of it, they have bigger fish to fry.

You can at least rename them in the Devices list.