Arturia Pigments

cclarry

I m doîg a death match bewteen pigment and massive x and both have wiknessess and strength ... 

i do think pigment could have been way better and a definite classic ... the step sequencer is a nice addition and can also be better ...

34 minutes ago, Zo said:

I m doîg a death match bewteen pigment and massive x and both have wiknessess and strength ... 

i do think pigment could have been way better and a definite classic ... the step sequencer is a nice addition and can also be better ...

How do they stand up to Waves Codex?

1 hour ago, Zo said:

I'd be interested in how either (or both) compare against Phase Plant.

Well , actually the great thing is that when i was testing those , son (12) was with me , and i was sound designing showing him the logic behind modulation ...and got his feedback after playing ...

so first i created a sound with massive x ... modulation is easy and powerfull , lacks visual feedback and is limited per the slots on each parameters ( why ? ) 

second , the limitation lf the sources , 2 only and wave table based ( no big deal ) 

third : noise generator witch is way more advznced than the poor one of pigments (almost useless in comparison )

filter , correct me if i m wrog but no filter pet source :(

now pigments , makîg a rich and chord based stuff was easy and fast , modulation was way easier for him to appreciate and also you know what your doing  by some great visual feedbacks 

step sequencer is great.  Could be greater ( i so miss the ability to play by hand each step via midi witch is the case in some synth and kontakt library) 

presets are "better"(more usable) in pigments imho but nothing ground breaking ...

at the end both are great , no purchase for me at regular price at all , everything was there in uhe zebra 10 years ago ...the key is interfacing , in that area , pigments wins ... now concept wise , massive is more ambitious and deeper in posdibilities , the wavetables limitation is compensated by a way deeper set of options in each modifiers from filters to modulations ,..

at the end a great playground on each , but for me , both could have been wayy better ...

oh yeah son prefered pigments gui , and massive x sound i  created ... ain t that crazy how they know it from first feeling !

Edited by Zo
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, TheSteven said:

You don't have to imagine - just blink.
The trick is to do it one eye at a time so you can still see it all happen...

Lol quote of the day  !!! no he's cool , i'm super no joke with kids and got out of Paris center cause of this exact thing ... , when kids are in kitchen doing their thing , they ask Alexa stuff like Queens , Beegees  ect ....lol no trap crap or stuff like that so i guess , i do have a small impact lol  (coming from a Hip Hop Producer , ain't that something !!)

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 6:55 AM, Zo said:

Lol quote of the day  !!! no he's cool , i'm super no joke with kids and got out of Paris center cause of this exact thing ... , when kids are in kitchen doing their thing , they ask Alexa stuff like Queens , Beegees  ect ....lol no trap crap or stuff like that so i guess , i do have a small impact lol  (coming from a Hip Hop Producer , ain't that something !!)

My wife has always said that our goal as parents (aside from all the other stuff) was to raise our kids so that they would require the minimal amount of therapy as adults.
God, there were times when I thought we had utterly failed in that; but so far it's looking good.  I do regret that none of my kids has any real interest in audio/music other than as a causal consumer.  You can give a kid an instrument but unless they have the fire in the belly it'll end up in the closet.

• Like 1