How to Keep NI Downloads

fret_man

I took advantage of the current NI 50% sale (for another 4 days) to upgrade my Kontact 5 to Komplete and using Native Access to download/install the products. As many of you know, this takes quite a while. I noticed that after installation the downloads are deleted! Is there any way to keep the downloads? Or re-download but not install (again)?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, fret_man said:

I took advantage of the current NI 50% sale (for another 4 days) to upgrade my Kontact 5 to Komplete and using Native Access to download/install the products. As many of you know, this takes quite a while. I noticed that after installation the downloads are deleted! Is there any way to keep the downloads? Or re-download but not install (again)?

Thanks

I believe that all that is deleted are any zip or rar files.  The files themselves are in the directory you installed them in, which is listed in Native Access.

You can keep a backup of the uncompressed files.   I do.  

NI allows you to have their instruments on up to three computers as long as they are yours and you only use one at a time.   All you need to do is make sure that Native Access is pointed to the right place.  

But there are often updates, so you end up having to download them again anyway.  When I first bought Komplete, it came on a hard drive, but it is mostly out of date now.  Native Access is the only way to get the latest versions.  

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Tiger The Frog said:

You can keep a backup of the uncompressed files.   I do.  

Very good idea, since we can't keep a copy of the downloaded file from NI.  Uncompressed files backing up as I type!

If you delete or remove the installed items from the computer the downloaded stuff  will be available from Native Access again.

I was having problems with Battery 4, so I thought. I then went to my control Panel and under programs and Features, I located Battery 4 and uninstalled it. I then restarted my computer and then went opened Native Access.  Battery 4 was listed  as being uninstalled so I  download it again.  I was able to install it just as though it was never there before.

Everything in Native access can be re-installed.  

I made a back up of my Sample Library location in case something should happen.  There are tutorials on how to manage your Library files on the NI site.

NI SUPPORT SITE      NI KNOWLEDGE BASE