Not that you could hear it, but.. Last night's AGT feat Cakewalk.

Excellent job.  The soundtrack sounded as good as the visual performance.  Well done!

Since they received four "yes" votes the choir advances to the next level of the competition.  Are you providing the music for the next performance too?

6 hours ago, fogle622 said:

Excellent job.  The soundtrack sounded as good as the visual performance.  Well done!

Since they received four "yes" votes the choir advances to the next level of the competition.  Are you providing the music for the next performance too?

I'm not sure to be honest! I have no idea what was used and what wasn't. This show's auditions are filmed quite a bit before the time, but the non-disclosure agreements are as watertight as they can be.. The choir conductor won't tell anyone anything !

• Like 2

I'm not trying to find out how far the choir advances as much as I'm trying to gain some insight into how much preparation and planning the acts need to plan for.   By the time these shows air I'm sure several tapings have occurred.  It wouldn't surprise me to learn the theater auditions (where the show is presently at in the process) are taped over several weeks or months to accommodate schedules.

Did you prepare  enough backing tracks for the choir to have enough material for multiple performances if they need them?

If you don't mind my asking, are you based in the US, South Africa or someplace else entirely?

If you are a music business professional even one performance of this magnitude is a feather in your cap.  Kudos once again!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 9:47 PM, fogle622 said:

I'm not trying to find out how far the choir advances as much as I'm trying to gain some insight into how much preparation and planning the acts need to plan for.   By the time these shows air I'm sure several tapings have occurred.  It wouldn't surprise me to learn the theater auditions (where the show is presently at in the process) are taped over several weeks or months to accommodate schedules.

Did you prepare  enough backing tracks for the choir to have enough material for multiple performances if they need them?

If you don't mind my asking, are you based in the US, South Africa or someplace else entirely?

If you are a music business professional even one performance of this magnitude is a feather in your cap.  Kudos once again!

Hi Fogle, it is indeed a tremendous honour, thanks so much - I have never worked on a track that gained 4 million youtube views in under a week (never mind the initial broadcast!). Truly bizarre!
I am based in South Africa, in the capital city Pretoria. My humble studio is www.onebigroom.co.za and I do this for a living.
At that time, only the initial audition track (The song African Dream) was recorded with me along with some musical bits and pieces which I did not hear on the show, and that happened a good few months ago. That episode was filmed  early May I think. I have no idea what the arrangement was beyond that but it certainly seemed to me that Ralf Schmitt, the producer/conductor,  felt they only had that one very small moment to prove themselves. I did speak to him a week or so after that filming and all he said was, "Standing ovation -  we've been called back to LA! Gotta run!".. You can imagine what his inbox looks like now! That's all the info I actually have for now - I hope they do well, it's a very deserving project.

Edited by Ludwig Bouwer
  • Like 4

@Ludwig Bouwer,

Thank you for including the link to your recording studio website. and providing the additional detail about the AGT process. 

As a hobbyist it is interesting to see how professionals present their work.  One Big Room tells me you have a passion for music and production.  That's an impressive website.  I appreciate how you present the tools and process used in audio production to the website viewer.

Will you be adding a link to the America' Got Talent video clip on your website?  Tricky question because of copyright clearances perhaps.

Anyhow, wonderful achievement for The Ndlovu Youth Choir and a great opportunity for your talent to gain exposure.  Kudos and congratulations once again!