The Return of Offline Help

aleo

Very happy to see Offline Help return to Cakewalk.  Many thanks to the Bakers for restoring this feature.   It was a great asset that was available in the old Sonar programs and very helpful to both new users and old veterans.  For those who haven't tried it, first, download the Help file when you update to version 2022.06, a toast notification about it should appear near the bottom of your screen.  Following installation, just click on Help>Documents and a detailed Table of Contents appears--no need to go online!  There is also an Index for the Help document, and you can search the entire text using key words--fast and easy to use.😀

• Like 3

Also no pop-up message from 4 years ago telling me about how Cakewalk is now free. 🙄 I found the online documentation system too clumsy to use. Only good for the first hit, then any searching sent me to outdated pages about SONAR.

I love having the documentation local on my system. I have to remind myself that it's there, because I've gotten so used to going to the Reference Guide when I want help. But the Reference Guide is nearly 2000 pages of detailed information, therefore a lot to wade through.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/1/2022 at 1:16 PM, aleo said:

Very happy to see Offline Help return to Cakewalk.  Many thanks to the Bakers for restoring this feature.   It was a great asset that was available in the old Sonar programs and very helpful to both new users and old veterans.  For those who haven't tried it, first, download the Help file when you update to version 2022.06, a toast notification about it should appear near the bottom of your screen.  Following installation, just click on Help>Documents and a detailed Table of Contents appears--no need to go online!  There is also an Index for the Help document, and you can search the entire text using key words--fast and easy to use.😀

I did the local documentation install via the DAW updates. I have yet to actually see it open locally. When I do as you describe (help -> documentation) it still goes to the webpage help. I did get the PDF through this forum but I would like to actually see the local offline help. 

EDIT: I found it. In the preferences then checkmark "always use local documentation". 

Edited by Keeper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...