IK Mixbox updated to 1.5.0

BTP

On 7/1/2022 at 2:52 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

If you aren't seeing the modules after purchase, please try forcing a refresh in IK Product Manager with CTRL/COMMAND-R or restarting it completely.

I've reported the issue with the 9.99 update being unavailable to those who chose T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb in a group buy or similar.

Thank you.

In case anyone wonders, Peter was successful and Sunset Sound Reverb is now available for 9.99$ for GB owners. I got Mixbox in the 25th anniversary group buy and was able to get it for $9.99 - 3 jam points = $6.99 just now. Previously I was getting the error message for not qualifying.

Thanks Peter!

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

In case anyone wonders, Peter was successful and Sunset Sound Reverb is now available for 9.99$ for GB owners. I got Mixbox in the 25th anniversary group buy and was able to get it for $9.99 - 3 jam points = $6.99 just now. Previously I was getting the error message for not qualifying.

Thanks Peter!

This is great. And how does it sound?

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Thanks Peter!

(1) Confirmed on my PC. (2) Thanks, Peter. (3) As surmised above, each of the 5 MixBox SSSR modules exposes the 3 or 4 parameters found on the front panel plus the slot on/off parameter.

JMO: IK Customers who are use  the full T-RackS 5 version and who are used to customizing SSSR settings will probably want to continue that approach. For those circumstances when MixBox is used, for $7 (+ $3 in Jam Points) it is nice to have some options.

Caveat: I tested the new MixBox SSSR modules in a Voltage Modular performance patch I have been working on. Since mine is an older PC (2011 era), they require a trifle more CPU than I am willing to spare. Not a big issue for me since (1) I have a hoard of other reverbs and (2) for performance purposes, I really do favor delay!!!

I defer to others with newer computers (probably everyone here) for opinions on other uses.   

Edited by User 905133
To add a JMO, a Caveat, and a statement of deference to others
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Well, technically, for those of us who "already" own Mixbox and Sunset Studios it "should" be free...

Then they could just charge $7 to those that want the new presets... they are worth it IMO. :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, abacab said:

. . . the new presets . . . .

I never used the MixBox presets, gave these a try, and discovered a "different" use for MixBox.  I know some experimentalists that play around with Zero-Input Mixer performances.  I suppose its a sub-genre of noise.  They use hardware, including some DIY devices. 

I have wondered if its possible just with software and by booting MixBox (standalone), selecting some of the presets, and then playing with the parameters, I have decided, "Yes, it is possible!" 

Warning: Noise Jams may be hazardous to the health of your hearing!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Well, technically, for those of us who "already" own Mixbox and Sunset Studios it "should" be free...

Still debating if I want to do this for $7.   I've never messed with Mixbox, Snapheap. MXXX Ptacher.  I'm trying to figure out the aura behind these things other the than a container best used by presets as opposed to loading them up in a DAW.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Still debating if I want to do this for $7.   I've never messed with Mixbox, Snapheap. MXXX Ptacher.  I'm trying to figure out the aura behind these things other the than a container best used by presets as opposed to loading them up in a DAW.

If you have ever used Cakewalk Pro Channel FX chains, you should grasp the concept easily. :)

Another use for MixBox and Snapheap is portability between projects and/or DAWs. If you set up an FX chain that works for you in certain situations, then you can save it as a preset and recall it anywhere else that it may be useful!

Edited by abacab

On 7/2/2022 at 9:22 PM, MusicMan said:

Once you can get the new software from Arturia maybe, but their servers and everything grind to halt and stop responding and syncing purchases as well, on almost any release, so they're maybe not the best example 🤣

But they do seem well coded besides that.

Agreed with Peter too.. whatever they pay him, they should at least double it!

*sends link to CEO*

On 7/2/2022 at 10:09 PM, Fleer said:

Arturia is sheer heaven in comparison to IK. Which makes Peter an angel or a devil, depending on your perspective. But in both guises his wages should be doubled indeed. 

I'll take it!  I'd like to think I'm both.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:10 PM, telecode 101 said:

I bought heavily into the IKM last GB. I got a lot useful tools to use and learn new things. I have no regrets. The products have been fine by me. 

Thanks!  I do agree that there are things that should be smoother and I'm working on making sure that happens.  I'm not the only one, so I'll happily carve out that doubled salary amongst the advocates you all have on board over here ;)

On 7/2/2022 at 10:40 PM, Brian Walton said:

...As for IKM.  They took on the whole gammut of plugins from hardware simulation on both the instrument and effects side.  Not sure of anyone else that does both as well.  Though outside of group buys not exactly known for budget/value.  And agree they need to work on the update process both pricing and technical execution.  

I'd also like to see them work on efficiency of computer resources.  

Fair constructive point(s) there and thank you for the kind words.  It is a bit frustrating but also great in other ways that we take on a lot of different lines.  I've been here through a lot of the new product line introductions so I feel a bit like a grizzled veteran sometimes but overall optimistic when I don't let myself get anxiously buried "in the weeds".

On 7/3/2022 at 12:43 PM, abacab said:

No. You would need to add your already owned T-RackS Sunset verb as a regular FX in your host.

I purchased the new Sunset verb module collection for MixBox, as I qualified for the $6.99 price since I already owned the T-RackS version.

There was a slight technical snafu with my existing MixBox serial# that prevented my new modules from activating in MixBox. All resolved now by IK support.

P.S. The new MixBox presets are very much worth the $7. 😎

One preset example:

New MixBox Preset Example w SSSR.PNG

The person who designed that preset noticed.  Thank you for giving a shout out about their work and others.  Also thank you for the great sample.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:16 PM, User 905133 said:

Thanks for the screenshot!  It jogged my memory and I found the IK page that displays the MixBox SSSR modules. For the time being (until I learn otherwise), I will assume that at most the specific parameters exposed by the MixBox Studio 1 [SSSR-based] modules are the 3*** or 4**** found on the faceplates plus the general slot parameter*.

• *** pre-delay, decay, mix   
  • ****pre-delay, decay, mix, plate 1/plate 2
  •  * slot on/off

Footnote:  I examined a number of IK resources on MixBox CS as well as the full version of MixBox updated to 1.5.0 and cannot find any differences.  So, I am hoping that the free MixBox CS added to my account was an administrative error and people like me with valid licenses for both of MixBox and T-RackS 5 Sunset Reverb should have gotten a free license for MixBox-SSSR Expansion .  That makes sense to me.  A free license for MixBox CS makes zero sense. 

And yes, I am an optimist and I believe that Peter can help sort this and the other issues out on behalf of loyal IK customers as he has done before.

Free licenses for CS versions are added to every account.  To get the additional Sunset Sound modules is 9.99 for those who already have T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb (even from a group buy or similar, sorry that didn't happen correctly from the go... again... but trust me that's been a road traveled a LOT over these past days since the release).

3 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Thanks Peter!

I wasn't the only one successful but I did keep pushing and my apologies that it wasn't right there out of the gate.

4 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

You can also use MixBox in your DAW, it could be useful if you want to experiment with keeping a chain of 500-series style modules at the ready and taking up only one insert or send slot, in that way it is a bit lighter or maybe better stated as a quicker and simpler workflow than a suite like T-RackS.  I'd rather use MixBox for chaining these modules and T-RackS processors as single processors in my workflow.  Of course YMMV so you may still not gel with the aura of MixBox and similar.  That's fair enough, everybody works differently or at least prefers something different.  Otherwise life and creating music and other cool things would probably be pretty boring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

*sends link to CEO*

I'll take it!  I'd like to think I'm both.

Thanks!  I do agree that there are things that should be smoother and I'm working on making sure that happens.  I'm not the only one, so I'll happily carve out that doubled salary amongst the advocates you all have on board over here ;)

Fair constructive point(s) there and thank you for the kind words.  It is a bit frustrating but also great in other ways that we take on a lot of different lines.  I've been here through a lot of the new product line introductions so I feel a bit like a grizzled veteran sometimes but overall optimistic when I don't let myself get anxiously buried "in the weeds".

The person who designed that preset noticed.  Thank you for giving a shout out about their work and others.  Also thank you for the great sample.

Free licenses for CS versions are added to every account.  To get the additional Sunset Sound modules is 9.99 for those who already have T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb (even from a group buy or similar, sorry that didn't happen correctly from the go... again... but trust me that's been a road traveled a LOT over these past days since the release).

I wasn't the only one successful but I did keep pushing and my apologies that it wasn't right there out of the gate.

You can also use MixBox in your DAW, it could be useful if you want to experiment with keeping a chain of 500-series style modules at the ready and taking up only one insert or send slot, in that way it is a bit lighter or maybe better stated as a quicker and simpler workflow than a suite like T-RackS.  I'd rather use MixBox for chaining these modules and T-RackS processors as single processors in my workflow.  Of course YMMV so you may still not gel with the aura of MixBox and similar.  That's fair enough, everybody works differently or at least prefers something different.  Otherwise life and creating music and other cool things would probably be pretty boring.

That's the problem I rarely work at all. It's spending too much time on forums and small price DAW stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

FWIW.. I don't use reverb that much but I do use Mixbox and will get these so I have access to those SSSR modules in Mixbox. Mixbox makes working with t-racks effects really easy and handy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

This is great. And how does it sound?

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I only installed it. But I assume it will sound as good as the T-Racks version. Less flexible but easier and faster to get great results for most usage. The T-Racks will always be there when I need its extra features.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Walter Cruz said:

somehow I have the 9.99 offer for Sunset Sound Reverb Collection Upgrade for MixBox, even don't having either SSRC or Mixbox. Is this right?

I think everyone was given a license for MixBox CS v1.5.0.

"CS version available with 8 starter modules and over 30 new presets for free"

Edited by abacab

i am really confused now.  my price for Mixbox full is $49 when I add it to my cart. I am missing something? Did IKM release Mixbox 1.5 same as MODO Drum 1.5?

What's New in v1.5.0 for Mac/PC

- New module pack available for purchase: Sunset Sound Reverb Collection
- SE edition available for purchase, with upgrade path to Full
- CS version available with 8 starter modules and over 30 new presets for free
- Native support of Apple M1 processor
- macOS: Improved UI resizing smoothness
- Windows: Implemented a UI optimization that could improve text readability
- General reliability improvements

Edited by telecode 101

30 minutes ago, abacab said:

I think everyone was given a license for MixBox CS v1.5.0.

Yes. Peter said this in his aggregated reply to several posts.  It was after he quoted me.

On 7/5/2022 at 5:49 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Free licenses for CS versions are added to every account.