IK Mixbox updated to 1.5.0

BTP

1 minute ago, Paul Young said:

That's not too far from me to WUP my Gold/Renn.  Not really a fan of calling presets expansion packs.

IMO, the MixBox presets offer some very useful and creative starting points for FX chains. YMMV. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Still. These should have been free if one already owns Sunset in T-Racks. I’ve got a slight feeling of someone milking me. 

This one is a  tricky call. With Modo Drum 1.5, they were offering new drum kits but no new features. So its about $26 per kit. And I am sure if you wait a bit, it will go on sale to make it $10 to $13 per kit which seems quite reasonaable. If you are a heavy MODO Drum user, which I am, its fine. Its a lot less than what XLN or Toontrack charge.

For this Mixbox 1.5, it's tricky. They basically selling you a few extra modules and presets. My guess is the modules software is the same thing as you get in SSR so you are paying for the privilege to use it in Mixbox.  Where is gets tricky is, they already released other modules in the past as free update. So what makes SSR worthy of charging extra? I too think this should have been free for current SSR owners. 😞

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=10486

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Still. These should have been free if one already owns Sunset in T-Racks. I’ve got a slight feeling of someone milking me. 

These should definitely be free for owners of Sunset as the full plugin in T-Racks. It's quite laughable to cripple them somewhat, stuff them into Mixbox, throw some presets with them and then charge again.. milking at its finest!

For some reason I start reconsidering updates from IK when I see an IK update thread growing from previous experience.. it generally means they either screwed up the installer, introduced some bugs, or shafted people on pricing 🤣

I do like some of their stuff though 🙂

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 2

Against my better judgment I was going to purchase the SSRC because it's only $7 with the jampoints discount. During the checkout I got an error I've never seen before: "The following billing fields are missing or invalid: zip code." Everything was entered correctly, so I cleared the browser cache and tried again. Same error. I tried two other browsers and repeatedly got the same error. I finally accepted this as Divine Intervention telling me, "You know, you really shouldn't be paying for this." 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Olong Johnson said:

I finally accepted this as Divine Intervention telling me, "You know, you really shouldn't be paying for this.

And just like that, thou gods have spoken and cast shame upon IK and said, thou shall not shafteth thou customers by getting them to pay twice for something they already own.. for if they make them, IK will spend their eternity in the firey pits of hell, only reserved for likes of Waves and other WUP style peddlers 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MusicMan said:

For some reason I start reconsidering updates from IK when I see an IK update thread growing from previous experience.. it generally means they either screwed up the installer, introduced some bugs, or shafted people on pricing 🤣

I do like some of their stuff though 🙂

Great example of a conundrum... :)

I finally made the time to check.  I have two different T-Racks Sunset Sound Reverb licenses as well as two versions of T-Racks 5 MAX, one from before SSR was added and one from after it was added. Maybe at some point there will be another version that has the new SSR modules and presets (maybe others, too).  

I hear voices telling me, "You have plenty of reverbs already!!!!!!" I don't think they are the voices of my ancestors reaching out to me from the pool of universal consciousness.  It think they are memories of other experiences where I jumped on the bandwagon and had buyer's remorse.

The divine works in mysterious ways!  😉 

Truth be told. I don't even know what I am on this thread. I rarely use reverb. Most of the stuff I make is pretty dry as that's the sounds I like.  I am adding my 2 cents as I feel this really should not be a paid upgrade. But what do I know. I don't own IKM.

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

But...but...

You can never have too many reverbs, right? :)

I thought the saying was, "You can never have too many delays, delays,  delays,  delays,  delays,    delays . . . ." 

And I have enough of those, too!  😜 

Edited by User 905133
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I thought the saying was, "You can never have too many delays, delays,  delays,  delays,  delays,    delays . . . ." 

And I have enough of those, too!  😜 

Do you have AAS Objeq Delay yet? That one's a lot of fun! 😎

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Do you have AAS Objeq Delay yet? That one's a lot of fun! 😎

Yes, I have Objeq Delay. (In fact, I might even have a second license somewhere.)  I like it.  The modelled parameters add a nice touch. At first had been wishing it had midi learn for the knobs, but then I discovered the parameters are exposed in both the dll and the vts3.  The vst3 version also allows for program changes (not bank switching, though, so far as I can see).  It also works well in Voltage Modular.

• Like 1