IK Mixbox updated to 1.5.0

BTP

31 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Yeah… how do you get it to appear in Mixbox? I’ve registered it in the product manager (went ok), as well as something called Mixbox CS) seemed to go ok)—-but how do I download this Mixbox CS, within which I assume I’ll have to hit “Restore purchases). Why is everything IK so convoluted?

In my IK Product Manager, I only have 1 entry for MixBox, with 3 items listed under the products tab, all registered. But the Sunset Sounds modules are still grayed out in MixBox itself.

• MixBox
  • MixBox CS
  • Sunset Sounds Collection.

4 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Has anyone gotten the Sunset Sound Verb to appear within Mixbox?….and if so how did you do it? (Yeah, I agree the deal itself here is annoying, but for $6.99 I did it)

Still stuck here, unfortunately. I imagine if it's this broke at launch, the  IK support desk will get an earful. Just time to be patient and wait for a fix. It's only $6.99, right?

I have tried everything I could think of, including opening up Custom Shop for T-RackS 5 and selecting "restore my purchases", but nothing so far... MixBox itself has no option for that, even in the standalone executable.

7 minutes ago, abacab said:

In my IK Product Manager, I only have 1 entry for MixBox, with 3 items listed under the products tab, all registered. But the Sunset Sounds modules are still grayed out in MixBox itself.

• MixBox
  • MixBox CS
  • Sunset Sounds Collection.

Same issue here

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

If you aren't seeing the modules after purchase, please try forcing a refresh in IK Product Manager with CTRL/COMMAND-R or restarting it completely.

I've reported the issue with the 9.99 update being unavailable to those who chose T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb in a group buy or similar.

Thank you.

Still doesn’t work

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

If you aren't seeing the modules after purchase, please try forcing a refresh in IK Product Manager with CTRL/COMMAND-R or restarting it completely.

Forced the refresh, but the product "Sunset Sounds Collection" is still showing up as registered in my Product Manager, but the modules are not activated in MixBox. If I try to load one, it tries to take me to the website to buy it.

I even tried reinstalling and reauthorizing MixBox 1.5.

Notification in IKPM: "MixBox authorized correctly"

Edited by abacab

So after updating Mixbox to 1.5.0 and deciding that I didn't need to see the greyed out options, I reverted to 1.2.0.  Not sure if I need to delete 1.5.0 first because 1.2.0 still has the SSSR presets but they cause MixBox to crash (i.e., sudden shut down).

Edited by User 905133
(2) clarifications; (1) to correct typo shit --> shut

12 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

So after updating Mixbox to 1.5.0 and deciding that I didn't need to see the greyed out options, I reverted to 1.2.0.  Not sure if I need to delete 1.5.0 first because 1.2.0 still has the SSSR presets but they cause MixBox to crash (i.e., sudden shut down).

Your first "typo" was probably a more accurate one... 🤣

And the greyed out options in MixBox are fairly low key, not like the big honking graphics they used in MODO Bass for the locked options.

FYI, anytime you revert an updated program, it's always a good practice to completely uninstall the new stuff first. No telling what will happen when you mix the innards from 2 releases together. Most likely some unpredictable sh*t!!!

*** I always take a full daily system image (nightly) so that I can revert my entire system drive to yesterday on demand, in about 45 mins. In my estimation, that's often much less time invested with that method, compared to manually cleaning up an install gone sideways!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

my guess is those presets are in the mixbox folder somewhere. just delete them.

15 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Update - if you send me your username (or open/reply to your support ticket) I believe there's a workaround/solution for the modules being greyed out and we can get you up and running.  Thanks!

Done

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Update - if you send me your username (or open/reply to your support ticket) I believe there's a workaround/solution for the modules being greyed out and we can get you up and running.  Thanks!

That fixed it! Thx:) Out of curiosity can you reveal what you did, or one of those deals where if you told, you’d have to kill us😆

6 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I'm betting this update won't help that MixBox is a resource hog....adding some higher end resource hungry Reverbs to it.

Saddly, also think this should be a free update for Sunset Racks owners who also have Mixbox.

Agree and agree. Since some time I'm already collecting plugins that I can use instead of IK stuff when producing or mixing. Like for example Tapeface or some PA guitar stuff, to get the sound close and save alot on CPU. Cause freezing every track is no fun.

And keep the IK stuff as an 'elite' selection of plugs in case I want that particular flavour and can accept in turn paying with high CPU usage.

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I opened a support ticket, but never received a confirmation with a ticket number.

11 hours ago, mibby said:

I'll just put an instance of my T-Racks Sunset verb after if I want it, I suppose.  BTY, the "expansion pack" price is what I paid for MicBox way back on a fantastic deal.   That intro price ($49) for the expansion pack is stupid. 

@abacab Yes it is!

That's not too far from me to WUP my Gold/Renn.  Not really a fan of calling presets expansion packs.

• Like 1