IK Mixbox updated to 1.5.0

BTP

1 minute ago, abacab said:

I'm betting that all depends on your CPU. 😜

I'm betting it doesn't.  

Percent used will vary, but compare mixbox with a few modules that equals channel processing is going to be more of a resource hog than a more efficiently coded set of tools from some other plugin makers.  Fact remains Mixbox is more resource intensive then other tools on the market AND the sunset verb on its own while it is far from the most resource intensive verb on the market - it is more intensive than the old T-Racks verbs that are already in mix box...thus the likelyhood this update makes mixbox less of a resource hog seems unlikely.  

I like the concept of mix box, but think it needs some efficiency work to be a go to across all track as such a tool should be designed for.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Look at your available upgrades/crossgrades in your IK account. I have T-RackS SSR.

In the cart for $9.99, total out the door price with 3 JamPoints is $6.99, + $0.51 sales tax = $7.50. :)

Found it! It doesn't show the reasonable price until you add it to your cart!

--- doh! ---

It says I am NOT edible.  But I own Sunset Sound...  🤔

29 minutes ago, abacab said:

Came back to report that I cannot get the Sunset Sounds collection to show as activated within MixBox.

Even though the collection shows as registered in my account. I have even tried re-authorizing it, and re-installing MixBox. No luck yet!!! 🙄

Not working for me either. I've tried restoring my purchases in CS, authorizing it in the old Authorizer app, re-authorizing in Product Manager, and nothing. 

• Sad 1

Just now, LAGinz said:

Worked here, $6.99 after using 3 jam points. I wonder if those having problems got Mixbox as part of a Group Buy.

I did. But it's registered in My Products and everything.  Maybe they ding you if it's an NFR license, i.e. from the GB as you said?

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Look at your available upgrades/crossgrades in your IK account. I have T-RackS SSR.

In the cart for $9.99, total out the door price with 3 JamPoints is $6.99, + $.051 sales tax = $7.50. :)

IIRC, I have 3 MixBoxes: one as a separate purchase, one that came with TS MAX 2, and a third that came with TS MAX 3.5.  I also have several licenses for T-RackS, and at least one for SSSR.

Evidently, I don't qualify because I don't have TR-500-SSSR-DD .  I assume that's SSSR purchased individually at full price as a single product.

As I have said before, I do not understand IK Multimedia's modus operandi.

42 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Perhpas, but I can't imagine aquiring it any other way.  😇

Yeah--I bought it as a single product before I knew a whole lot about how IK does business.

To me it does seem silly that if someone purchased SSSR as a single, they qualify, but not someone who purchased MixBox.    Situation Normal . . . ?

Well, according to the Custom Shop, I have SSSR as a T-RackS Reverb.  As a Collection, I also have the T-RackS 5 Max Upgrade.  Maybe if I Restore My Purchases . . . . ? 

Nope.  Its $50.00 no matter what.

Forgot to mention: Product Manager was kind enough to tell me MixBox CS was added to my account.  What's that other saying? Don't look at a gift too closely?  😜 

Found my original invoice for MixBox.  Because I owned Syntronik, I qualified for the Crossgrade edition (MX-BOX-DDC-IN).  Maybe that invalidates eligibility?  Or maybe it was invalidated because I got SSSR as part of the T-RackS 5 MAX Upgrade as part of the TS 3.5 Update?

I think somewhere the IK rules says Crossgrades and Upgrades don't count for things like this.

My headache from a couple of weeks ago is back with a vengeance.

Edited by User 905133
(3) more details added; (2) to update attempts to qualify for the $10.00 upgrade offer;(1) to add a comment

5 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

IIRC, I have 3 MixBoxes: one as a separate purchase, one that came with TS MAX 2, and a third that came with TS MAX 3.5.  I also have several licenses for T-RackS, and at least one for SSSR.

Evidently, I don't qualify because I don't have TR-500-SSSR-DD .  I assume that's SSSR purchased individually at full price as a single product.

As far as I can tell, there doesn't look to be a way to SEE if you've got "TR-500-SSSR-DD".  My Products page simply hasa a serial number and says I own it...

Edited by mibby
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, mibby said:

I did. But it's registered in My Products and everything.  Maybe they ding you if it's an NFR license, i.e. from the GB as you said?

yup. both Mixbox and SSR are from a GB in my case. The Mixbox expansion shows as not eligible for me. 😞

Edited by telecode 101

24 minutes ago, mibby said:

As far as I can tell, there doesn't look to be a way to SEE if you've got "TR-500-SSSR-DD".  My Products page simply hasa a serial number and says I own it...

Apparently, I bought the T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb in December 2020, as I have a transferable license.

And that apparently got me the eligibility for the $9.99 MixBox SSSR Collection.

Edit: According to my records, I originally bought T-RackS SSSR from Best Service for $76 using a $20 Promo Code. Great deal!!! :)

Edited by abacab

39 minutes ago, mibby said:

Is your license transferable, i.e., is there a transfer button for it in your account? If not, then it's an NFR freebie.

36 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Yeah--I bought it as a single product before I knew a whole lot about how IK does business.

To me it does seem silly that if someone purchased SSSR as a single, they qualify, but not someone who purchased MixBox.    Situation Normal . . . ?

Well, according to the Custom Shop, I have SSSR as a T-RackS Reverb.  As a Collection, I also have the T-RackS 5 Max Upgrade.  Maybe if I Restore My Purchases . . . . ? 

Nope.  Its $50.00 no matter what.

I would contact customer support for help if you actually bought the T-RackS reverb as a single product. You can also look and see if your reverb license in your IK account is transferable, which should be evidence that you had bought it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

Any new presets being added within Mixbox if one springs for the Sunset Sound expansion?

Sunset Sound Reverb Collection is a set of 5 new modules for MixBox derived from the different reverbs offered in T-RackS Sunset Sound. You get a Chamber, Live Room, ISO Booth, Plates 1 & 2 and Spring Reverb, plus over 40 new rack presets.

1 hour ago, Hurricane said:

Not working for me either. I've tried restoring my purchases in CS, authorizing it in the old Authorizer app, re-authorizing in Product Manager, and nothing. 

Yeah… how do you get it to appear in Mixbox? I’ve registered it in the product manager (went ok), as well as something called Mixbox CS) seemed to go ok)—-but how do I download this Mixbox CS, within which I assume I’ll have to hit “Restore purchases). Why is everything IK so convoluted?

25 minutes ago, abacab said:

I would contact customer support for help if you actually bought the T-RackS reverb as a single product. You can also look and see if your reverb license in your IK account is transferable, which should be evidence that you had bought it.

I have a number of things I can Transfer (Syntronik, TS2MAX, MixBox, Syntronik Deluxe, and maybe TS3.5 MAX), but since SSSR was purchased as part of a large bundle, evidently I am not eligible.  Thanks for the suggestion.

8 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Why is everything IK so convoluted?

I give up. Why?  😜 

10 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

. . . something called Mixbox CS . . . .

Seriously, though, has anyone figured out why consumers who have MixBox need Mixbox CS? Does it add anything that the updated Mixbox doesn't have.  Maybe IK accountants use it for a tax advantage?   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I get this, though I DO own the product it says I don't

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox/index.php?p=versions

image.thumb.png.1f77c7ed03ec4e574d8c4a69a6581cdd.png

Same here.  I have Max 3.5

I'm not gonna pay $49 for some presets.  It's not worth my time to email support to get $9 presets either.   Maybe they'll fix this.  I get to the point where buying brings confusion it's time to pass.  It's pretty sad your IK plugin is locked out of their effect container.   I don't have that problem with Kilohearts or Melda.

When you are happy with IK they eventually do something to piss you off.  I think I have an idea what abused spouses go thru.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1