Spitfire LABS Tape Piano FREE!

cclarry

Before Spitfire came up with their Labs engine,  many of their current Labs instruments had been previously released as Kontakt instruments.

And I kinda wished they would still be Kontakt instruments because, as many have mentioned, the Labs engine seems to have problems with keeping the instruments installed.

8 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

Before Spitfire came up with their Labs engine,  many of their current Labs instruments had been previously released as Kontakt instruments.

And I kinda wished they would still be Kontakt instruments because, as many have mentioned, the Labs engine seems to have problems with keeping the instruments installed.

Check out Pianobook, a free community driven collection started by Christian Henson of Spitfire. https://www.pianobook.co.uk/

Free: 1025 sample packs by 480 samplists. Some have made their way into LABS, but you can check out the Pianobook sample collection  here.

By sampler format:

• Kontakt
  • EXS24
  • Decent Sampler
  • SFZ

Overview by Cameron "Venus Theory":

EDIT: I had two libraries open and confused a Pianobook lofi piano library with a great deal of noise baked into the samples with this one. This one is well done, as one would expect from Spitfire. My bad. Carry on. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I realize this is a lofi piano library,  but if you hold a note for a couple of seconds or hold a chord, the noise level is not what I'd expect from a sample library from a pro developer.  It's surprising that it went out the door like that, even for free. 

If you click the center button on the large Macro Knob you can see a “noise” parameter, there is where all those juicy hums and crackles are hiding.I took a look at this first thing during today’s livestream.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anonduh said:

It’s almost like it was an aesthetic choice and there is a big massive control to adjust the added noise layer…..oh there is 🫣

I was referring to the source recordings having a great deal of noise in them -- the noise was baked in -- which a more experienced developer would use something like RX9 to remove. That's quite different than an added effect, and it's pretty easy to discern the difference. The problem was I had two libraries in Cakewalk and I inadvertently was listening to a library I just downloaded from Pianobook.   

@Simeon Amburgey I just realized when I went back to my machine that I had two piano libraries open and without realizing it, I had the lofi Pianobook library selected that I recently downloaded from Pianobook that had a ton of noise in it. But thanks for chiming in. I'll change my earlier post.

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

The problem was I had two libraries open and I inadvertently was listening to a different library I just downloaded from Pianobook.   

Oh yeah,  been there and done that live!
I was looking at Soundpaint Dunescape and East West Forbidden Planet and almost more than halfway through the livestream I realized I had layered them together. 🤣

I subsequently had another livestream where I discovered that Dr. Smith had somehow gotten on board and linked the MIDI tracks together. Thank goodness for those surveillance cameras, money well spent.😎

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Oh yeah,  been there and done that live!
I was looking at Soundpaint Dunescape and East West Forbidden Planet and almost more than halfway through the livestream I realized I had layered them together. 🤣

I subsequently had another livestream where I discovered that Dr. Smith had somehow gotten on board and linked the MIDI tracks together. Thank goodness for those surveillance cameras, money well spent.😎

Thanks for making me feel better! Funny,  but the Pianobook library was lofi but didn't actually sound much like the new Spitfire library and when I listened to the Spitfire library it was extremely polished,  like we've come to expect from them. Oh well,  I need to work on my quality control process! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anonduh said:

Uh oh of course soundpaint. Other than ripping off composers and clearly stealing copyright, they are pretty famous for not paying workers and they were even suspended from trading in the US before a hefty fine for avoiding taxes. 
so very much in character for that software to be the one trying to tag along  lmfaoz

- Chris 

Do you have any idea how you've made four statements that strongly appear to be libelous? Do you have proof of these allegations? 

You've accused 8Dio of "ripping off composers," "clearly stealing copyright," "avoiding taxes" and "being suspended from trading in the US" for avoiding taxes and then took a cheap shot "that software to be one trying to tag along." That last statement makes it clear that you have some kind of personal vendetta against the company. 

I would strongly suggest that you should be careful in lashing out, as if 8Dio so desired, and could find your identity,  they easily would have a strong libel/defamation case against you. I'm somewhat familiar with this area of law -- to the point of Interpol quotes me in their documents-- as its incredibly important to all companies that publish and operate online. If you have solid evidence for the allegations you've  made that proves them true, it's not libel/defamation.  Otherwise,  it's clearly libelous, and you should tread carefully. 

Edited by PavlovsCat