Cakewalk not refreshing activation

Says refreshed then immediately reports an error with activation and does not activate.

Tried contact supports goes round in circles, also offline activation got a granted .dat file but does not process.

Been working fine until today, is there an issue with the Cakewalk activation server?

Not Activated

Cakewalk experienced a problem with activation.

Please contact support. (20)

CbyBActError.jpg

RESOLUTION/Workaround

Renaming to Cakewalk1.exe and creating a shortcut to desktop then running that seems to work.

Do not see any security issues with the virus protection stopping Cakewalk.exe running, my firewall is off, the Domain firewall was on tried switching that off and running original Cakewalk.exe same issue with activation. Also same with Public Network firewall, so only solution for moment is running it via the renamed .exe Also added a rule to allow app through firewall specifying Cakewalk.exe - same result again activation issue.

Edited by Andy Dalglish
Workaround

• 2 weeks later...

Mine started this coincident with installing WaveLab by Steinberg.  WaveLab installs a Visual C++ update.  
When I deinstalled the VC++, Cake wouldn’t even start; when I reinstalled the VC++, Cake started, but gave the activation goof.

Cake also got caught in an endless loop trying to reconcile the “generic low-latency ASIO driver” that WaveLab installed.  I had to delete every trace of that in folders and registry.

Edited by Jon White

3 hours ago, Jon White said:

Mine started this coincident with installing WaveLab by Steinberg.  WaveLab installs a Visual C++ update.  
When I deinstalled the VC++, Cake wouldn’t even start; when I reinstalled the VC++, Cake started, but gave the activation goof.

Cake also got caught in an endless loop trying to reconcile the “generic low-latency ASIO driver” that WaveLab installed.  I had to delete every trace of that in folders and registry.

Same here