IK Miroslav Philharmonik 2

cclarry

16 minutes ago, cclarry said:

This is M2....it was updated and is not legacy...

MP2 is legacy SampleTank 3. I didn't include the version number in my post, but was referring to the current offering of Miroslav 2.

SampleTank 3 is a legacy product. The original MP is even older, and you need ST3 to import it. You cannot bring the original MP directly into ST4, although there is a folder of MP1 instruments included in MP2.

Tip: when you load a ST3 based instrument such as MP2 into ST4, the editor will display "Legacy ST3" directly beneath the zone button.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

For $99 worth it IMHO especially if you load them in ST4.

Well, if you already own other orchestral libraries, you may want to consider whether you really NEED it. But it does have some nice solo strings that a few libraries lack with string sections or ensembles only.

And a nice percussion section (in the included MP1 folder).

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

I've tried to use Philharmonik 2 full orchestra live multis a few times in Reaper but they've always made Reaper crash pretty soon. It's the only VST that's crashing Reaper. Does anyone else have the same problem?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BTP said:

I've tried to use Philharmonik 2 full orchestra live multis a few times in Reaper but they've always made Reaper crash pretty soon. It's the only VST that's crashing Reaper. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Reaper is very resilient, but not bulletproof. I use it as a test DAW, but it's not my main rig, so I've never tried it with any large projects. But it has often worked better for me with some flaky plugins than any other DAW!

Is it crashing Reaper using a simple Philharmonik 2 project, or just with a full orchestra multi?

Is it crashing with VST2 or VST3? I saw on another post that you mentioned you were using Windows 11. Did it also crash on Windows 10?

You probably want to go ahead and get a ticket open with IKM support. If it's crashing Reaper, it's likely going to be the plugin misbehaving, IMHO.

FYI: You can also load the Philharmonik 2 library via SampleTank 4. That is more modern software, and the newer plugin may have performance improvements that function better in Reaper.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

Is it crashing Reaper using a simple Philharmonik 2 project, or just with a full orchestra multi?

Is it crashing with VST2 or VST3? I saw on another post that you mentioned you were using Windows 11. Did it also crash on Windows 10?

You probably want to go ahead and get a ticket open with IKM support. 

VST3 just multi on W10. I don't think W11 changes anything, but I'll test it a bit.

I think a support ticket would be 5-10 years too late. 😉

26 minutes ago, BTP said:

VST3 just multi on W10. I don't think W11 changes anything, but I'll test it a bit.

I think a support ticket would be 5-10 years too late. 😉

I would stick with VST2 for now if that works better.

Or else load up a multi with MP2 instruments in SampleTank4, as I doubt that IKM plans any more updates for MP2.

Miroslav Philharmonik 2

• Latest Release On: 27-01-2020
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BTP said:

Try Philharmonik 2 with Sampletank 4.21 vst2