No Audio Devices Installed?

bayoubill

I need help figuring out how th get my PC to see my Audient iD14. I've run diagnostics and everything else I can think of but still no audio.

Everything worked fine when I turned the PC off . The storm came through knocked out power and when I started the PC back up no audio device installed. 

Anyone have some info on this? I remember this happened once before and Jim Rosenberry did something with a bad file but it was too long ago for me to remember. 

HELP! I can't do anything on my DAW! 😱

Sorry you are having issues. I found this bit of info, but you properly already have it, but here it is anyway:

Make sure that you are not using a USB cable longer than 3 meters

Try using a different USB cable

If you were using a USB cable that didn’t come with the unit, try using the one that came with it.

3. USB Hub

Make sure that you are plugged directly into your computer's USB ports and NOT a USB hub.

You are able to use a thunderbolt hub without any issues

4. Reset the mixer configuration

Make sure the iD app is completely quitted (DONT just close the window) with the iD disconnected

On a Mac, go to ~/Library/Application Support/Audient/iD14

On a PC, go to (C:) > Users > yourusername > AppData > Roaming > Audient > iD > state.xml

Delete the state.xml file

Restart your computer and iD14 and relaunch the iD application

5. Reinstall app

Uninstall the iD software

Reboot your computer

Download the latest version from the Downloads page - www.audient.com/downloads/iD14

Reinstall the software

6. Check for Driver Conflicts

Very occasionally older drivers from other audio interfaces can clash with the iD22 drivers causing poor performance. Double check that there aren't any drivers installed on your system that aren't currently in use and uninstall them.

If you are still having issues please get in contact with our Technical Support team by creating a support ticket, or by emailing support@audient.com

1 hour ago, bayoubill said:

The Audient bit the dust. I will ship the remains back to it's beginnings. 

Sweetwater is going to replace it. I pay shipping

RIP you were great while you lasted 

just like Bapu

Just a thought here Bill....since you're getting a new AI, you should check out IK's Axe I/O (about the same price) as it was a huge difference for me (made for guitars and bass). Don't know if Sweetwater will do something like that, but it's worth it's weight (the initial clean gain stage (Z Tone) is really done well) and amp sims sound so much better....closest thing to a real amp.  

I enjoyed reading this review: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/1270151-ik-multimedia-axe-i-o.html

Edited by Mesh