Missing plug ins and presets

Hrabe EM

Hi.

I was working on project in Cakewalk. I reinstalled my driver for Focusrite Clarett sound card. After it, the same project which was working ok, suddenly appears warings - error with plugins. I will give it to attachement. Now I can't load my FX presets at all (nothing happen) , I cant put Sonitus FX on audio track.  .I had the last version of Cakewalk. What could be wrong and how to fix it? I tried another DAW, and there's seems all without problem. Thanks for any tip.

Výstřižek.JPG

Výstřižek2.JPG

Výstřižek3.JPG

I tried to rescan also, but its the same.

I uninstalled Cakewalk and I installed it again. But itstill the same. I can't load any FX preset. I can load only some FX.

It seems that it can be issue with Waves plugins. But in my another software -Adobe Audiotion, its working.

When I install Cakewalk, threres a lot of similar error warnings like this

error1.JPG

error2.JPG

error3.JPG

This used to happen with Win7 when updates were pending. Making sure Windows was up to date, then re-installing was the fix.

It also can happen when MS redistributable libraries are messed up.

BandLab built a special installer for these libraries -

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scook said:

This used to happen with Win7 when updates were pending. Making sure Windows was up to date, then re-installing was the fix.

It also can happen when MS redistributable libraries are messed up.

BandLab built a special installer for these libraries -

Thanks. I've installed this special installer, but the problem is still there. I Can't install Cakewalk without error reports, which looks like " Program files/cakewalk/Shared Plugins/Dewire.dll
unable to register the dll/oxk: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3 " (sevelar similar reports) and after "The code is not possible to run, because MSVR120.dll is missing. Try to reinstall."

Edited by Hrabe EM

@scook is correct - your system files are not in sync, either due to an incomplete Windows Update, or due to some other application/plugin installing older system files.

Follow the instructions in this post here:

The first step is what @scook suggested, but there are additional steps afterwards you should take to ensure your Windows installation is in sync.

Hi. Only one thing was leading to resolve my problem. Installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable latest supported downloads https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-160 . But I installed 2015-2022 and without succes. I had to install 2013 and it was the solution!

Somebody told me at facebook discus forum.

The technical support wasn't response me .

Now I am glad, that its ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hrabe EM said:

I had to install 2013 and it was the solution!

Makes sense! Sonitus is quite old, and likely had dependencies on those earlier MS redistributables.

I am running Windows 10, but I have many MS VC++ Redistributables installed from the latest, and going all the way back to 2005, without any issues here.

Edited by abacab

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 11:39 AM, Hrabe EM said:

Hi. Only one thing was leading to resolve my problem. Installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable latest supported downloads https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-160 . But I installed 2015-2022 and without succes. I had to install 2013 and it was the solution!

Somebody told me at facebook discus forum.

The technical support wasn't response me .

Now I am glad, that its ok.

Thank you!!!!