Update: IK Syntronik 2

Frank

Run IK Product Manager

What’s New in Syntronik 2.0.4

- Fixed additional issues causing Multis using Syntronik 1 presets to not be recalled correctly
- Fixed a bug where error messages would not appear when loading Multis from the Layer panel
- Fixed a bug in the 99 Synth missing the 24dB slope in the M-Type filter
- Fixed a bug in the Blau Synth where the M-Type HP filter 6dB slope appeared grayed out when selected
- Fixed a bug where program changes were not retained on reopen of DAW or standalone app
- SH-V Synth buttons are now more easily clickable
- Made UI adjustments to SH-V filter mode and slope sliders
- Made UI adjustments to tooltips on SH-V Synth
- Made UI adjustments to tab size when hosted as a plug-in
- Fixed a bug where the Tune control on the Synth panels did not match Syntronik 1
- Fixed a bug where Syntronik 1 instruments lost signal when set to minimum Tune
- Fixed an issue with the Distortion effect where the modes sounded different than Syntronik 1
- Fixed a bug with the Overscream effect where the Tone control was reversed
- Fixed an bug with where the O-Type filter was sometimes loaded incorrectly on Syntronik 1 presets
- General reliability improvements

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Frank said:

Run IK Product Manager      What’s New in Syntronik 2.0.4      - Fixed . . . .

Thanks for the heads up about the new set of fixes.  I am not sure if I should wait for them to fix all of the issues with Syntronik 2.   

BTW, I think this newest round of fixes support some of the speculation from SYN2GB:  

On 5/21/2022 at 6:39 AM, User 905133 said:

Speculation: Is it possible that a number of problems including this installation issue have been known for a while and phase 1 of the solution is the amazing GB:  $35 ($50 minus $15 in Jam Points) for up to 33 SYN2 Instruments, including 11 new Generation 2 Instruments?   Or, maybe its a reward for being Beta Testers and once all the problems are fixed the price will go up?  I don't know.  I am still trying to understand IK's MO.

• Like 1

I noticed what might be a minor bug in the latest Syntronik 2.0.4, in both VST2 and VST3 plug-ins. No particular instrument either, just affects the one you have loaded.

After you load an instrument preset, you normally see the details in the graphic in the right-hand pane. That's good, but if you close and reopen the plug-in window the graphic and the details are gone. Clicking on another instrument, then returning to the one that is loaded restores it, but yeah... looks like an issue.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Examples below:

Syntronik 2 - before closing plugin window.PNG

Syntronik 2 - after reopening plugin window.PNG

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, abacab said:

Other hosts too. Checked it with Reaper and Studio One.

Interesting.  Voltage Modular's Plug-in Host modules sometimes have issues on my PC with some plug-ins, after closing VM's Editor, switching to a another Plug-in Host, etc.  I don't get the problem. Possibly VM is not closing the plug-in's UI, but virtually minimizing and then restoring it.

So far I just looked at VM Standalone. I will try SYN2 within VM within CbB. 

WOW--major issue for IK!!! When the VM Patch I used was loaded into CbB, the patches were appropriately there, but the Editor showed no details on the right side of the SYN2 UI.

Switching between two plug-in host modules (both SYN2) as well as closing the VM Editors do not show the details. 

Just tried a few more VM patches that contain SYN2 within CbB and this is a showstopper for me. CbB does its job restoring the VM settings which include SYN2, but SYN2 refuses to show info in the right hand panel.  

Thanks for mention this issue.  After a few more attempts I will be reverting to SYN2 2.0.3.  Otherwise it would require individually reloading the SYN2 patch in each instance.  When I load a CbB Project, I like all my settings to be as I saved them. 

In addition to the "Fixed . . . " comments, they need to add to "Broke . . . ." comments. I hope they don't dillydally fixing this.

PS: I hope no one tries to claim this bug was fixed before 2.0.4 was released. Seriously. Claims that things were fixed when they weren't has happened before.  

Edited by User 905133
(2) emphasized that its not an issue with CbB or VM, but a SYN2 issue; (1) progressive edits with the results of more tests

Question 1:  Was this issue introduced with Syntronik 2 version 2.0.4? I reinstalled 2.0.3 and have the same issue?  

Question 2:  Do any versions of Syntronik 2 not have this issue?  I reinstalled 2.0.2 and it has the same issue. 

So far as I can tell if this is indeed a bug (a) the issue predates 2.0.2, (b) it is an issue with something else (other then SYN2), (c) Syntronik 2 might need to be uninstalled first, (d) other.

On my other audio PC, some of my IK products developed an issue that had to solved by uninstalling all my IK products and then reinstalling the one at a time.   

Update:

• With Syntronik 2 removed from my PC and ST4.2.1 substituted for Syntronik 2 in VM and in CbB, I get the same issue. 
    • After minimizing the plug-in window and then restoring it, the details in the right-hand panel are displayed.
    • After closing the plug-in window and then reopening it, the details in the right-hand panel are missing. 

Edited by User 905133
Updated; Updated reply; Q2 added

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Thanks for mention this issue.  After a few more attempts I will be reverting to SYN2 2.0.3.  Otherwise it would require individually reloading the SYN2 patch in each instance.  When I load a CbB Project, I like all my settings to be as I saved them. 

In my first comment on this issue I mentioned that only the patch details are missing from the browser (thus meant to imply that the original patch sound remains loaded). No need to reload the patch!

The details are refreshed if you just browse to another patch name in the Syn 2 browser, but do not load it, & then browse back to the patch name you had originally loaded (the loaded patch name remains displayed at the top of the Syn 2 UI).

Edited by abacab

2 hours ago, abacab said:

In my first comment on this issue I mentioned that only the patch details are missing from the browser (thus meant to imply that the original patch sound remains loaded). No need to reload the patch!

The details are refreshed if you just browse to another patch name in the Syn 2 browser, but do not load it, & then browse back to the patch name you had originally loaded (the loaded patch name remains displayed at the top of the Syn 2 UI).

Thanks for the additions.  From my own tests, I understood both of these points.  When I wrote this:

5 hours ago, User 905133 said:

When I load a CbB Project, I like all my settings to be as I saved them. 

I didn't mean just parameter settings, but the state in which it was saved, including the UI.  It is a royal pain to not have the all of the previous state information staring me in the face when I open up the project and to have to go looking for it each and every time I open the project for every instance of the plug-in.

It is a serious workflow killer.

Possibly I did misunderstand something, though.  I thought you were saying (or implying by the context of the Topic) that this issue was new with the Syntronik 2.0.4 update.  If you were saying/implying that, I am still not sure that is true based on my preliminary investigations.

Sorry for the hastiness of this reply; I spent a bit of time exploring the bug and don't have the time at the moment to elaborate with more details on how it is a workflow killer.  Besides which, I don't have time to reinstall Syntronik 2 plus I have a few other things to test in a search for some satisfactory workarounds.  

Edited by User 905133

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Possibly I did misunderstand something, though.  I thought you were saying (or implying by the context of the Topic) that this issue was new with the Syntronik 2.0.4 update.  If you were saying/implying that, I am still not sure that is true based on my preliminary investigations.

I cannot state with certainty which release this issue originated with, only that I observed it with the most recent update. I have been asleep at the wheel since the group buy, apparently... 🙄