Bring Back Cyclone DXi

Xel Ohh

I know it's not much of a sampler but it could be useful and should be easy to bundle with the Cakewalk by Bandlab download. If you guys don't have the rights to it I understand but if you do please throw it in the next update. It's a DXi plugin that only Cakewalk and Reaper can use I think. So why not let us get this with the Cakewalk by Bandlab bundle since the sampler is taking some time to create or is further down the bakers list.

If you guys want this please put a +1 comment on this thread so that the Bakers can see this.

Thank you

• Like 2

Great idea. I'd love for Cakewalk to include a sampler.

I understand that the purpose of doing this would be for an aspiring producer to have this important feature ready to go as soon as they install the program, but I'm curious about Cyclone's feature set and integration. Would it have any advantage over Sitala other than the (important, I understand) fact that a person wouldn't have to download and install Sitala or Speedrum or Tx?

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 3:09 AM, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

Cakewalk will never regain it's place among the top DAWs until they cater for modern producers with a proper sample workflow

I agree that adoption will have a huge uptake once this happens. For me, doing my 90's ambient stuff, I really look forward to being able to more easily load and trigger dialog samples and glitch accents. Little Fluffy Clouds, bay-bee. The way I do it now is by using clips in an audio track, but that has its drawbacks. A real sampler with editing, looping, and reversing would be sweet.

I'm sure that an integrated sampler is in the pipeline. Big new features like that take time, and we want it done right, right?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xel Ohh said:

Yes we are still waiting with no end in site..😞

They need  a pathway for their Bandlab users to upgrade to , their App apeals to the younger demographic but I suspect when they make the jump some of the users who came through as beatmakers etc will not find the transition as easy as it could be and we could lose them. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

looking at a 2016 KB entry - it should be usable in 64-bit environment as 64-bit was becoming prevalent by then - although you need the SONAR 2.0 and later to install it... not sure what version of SONAR it stopped at.

Getting Started With Cyclone DXi (https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013082/Getting-Started-With-Cyclone-DXi)

Last updated on 3/30/2016

Introducing Cyclone...

With the new Cyclone DXi from Cakewalk, you gain complete control over your loops and .wav files.  With Groove Clip technology SONAR allows you to break up your loops into individual transients for real-time pitch shifting and tempo matching.  Now we've upped the ante once again by allowing you to move, delete, tune, pan, and replace every single slice individually. 

Cyclone DXi is available in SONAR 2 and later

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...