guitar effects

fastdraw

It is true, Guitar Rig and Amplitube are audio FXs.

They may be used with anything that makes a sound including the output of soft synths.

They may be added to audio/instrument track FX racks, Prochannels and audio clip FX racks.

They may not be added to the FX rack in MIDI tracks and clips. Only MFX plug-ins like these may be added to MIDI FX racks.

• Like 1

and via bus it is possible ?  

Prochannels and audio clip FX racks = bus or not ?

I was using synthfont, a simple and cool piece of software that served me well, and I was using the bus.
with cakewalk I don't have the same benchmarks.

Edited by fastdraw

Yes, buses are audio only so their FX racks and Prochannels work too.

Typically, a soundfont player is a plug-in loaded into the DAW like any other soft synth plug-in.

All soft synth plug-ins require an audio or instrument track to work in the DAW.

Maybe you are using an external synth like VirtualMIDISynth. If so, you may want to reconsider. Using external synths like the MS GS Wavetable synth,  VirtualMIDISynth and the like are fine for basic playback but are difficult to work with inside a DAW. There are hundreds of free and paid synth plug-ins designed for use in DAWs. There are quite a few free synths mentioned here.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scook said:

Maybe you are using an external synth like VirtualMIDISynth. If so, you may want to reconsider. Using external synths like the MS GS Wavetable synth,  VirtualMIDISynth and the like are fine for basic playback but are difficult to work with inside a DAW. There are hundreds of free and paid synth plug-ins designed for use in DAWs. There are quite a few free synths mentioned here.

thank you for all this information.
personally I use 2 expanders (motif rack  xs and sonic cell ... soon integra 7) for acoustic sounds (violins, brass, wood ...), which are very easy to set up.
as for electric guitars, it requires me a deeper adjustment of electronics, I only use rig and amplitube, because it are very ergonomic and easy to understand.

38 minutes ago, fastdraw said:

thank you for all this information.
personally I use 2 expanders (motif rack  xs and sonic cell ... soon integra 7) for acoustic sounds (violins, brass, wood ...), which are very easy to set up.
as for electric guitars, it requires me a deeper adjustment of electronics, I only use rig and amplitube, because it are very ergonomic and easy to understand.

To use virtual guitar effects in the PC for external audio devices, you would need to route their audio into the PC, and then assign the Guitar Rig or AmpliTube FX to their respective audio tracks in Cakewalk.

Same goes for virtual instruments already running in Cakewalk. You just add the audio FX to the audio output of the virtual instrument track or bus.

Edited by abacab