Heavyocity Foundations Nylon Guitar - Free

locrian

58 minutes ago, marled said:

What a complicated install process for something free! (install only with portal, serial number and native access)

Meh, I will pass on it! 👎

I think it's cool that they're offering licensed Kontakt libraries for free. I think they're the only company who does this. 

• Like 4

Downloaded the portal. Ran the serial they provided twice, manually and pasted. Serial was rejected, and got two Windows error messages to boot. Uninstalled the whole thing. Sometimes free is still too expensive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Downloaded the portal. Ran the serial they provided twice, manually and pasted. Serial was rejected, and got two Windows error messages to boot. Uninstalled the whole thing. Sometimes free is still too expensive.

Serial # has to be registered in Native Access.  Install the product, tell Native Access where it's at, and should be good to go from there

• Like 5

What is the deal with instrument manufacturers thinking that their debut demo track to introduce a product is cooler when it's buried in an heavily orchestrated track?

Maybe they don't want anyone to hear how weak it actually is?

Meh... let me hear the instrument in solo performance mode or don't waste my time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutrageProductions said:

What is the deal with instrument manufacturers thinking that their debut demo track to introduce a product is cooler when it's buried in an heavily orchestrated track?

This is Heavyocity after all - pretty sure what you're referring to as orchestration are the effected versions of the instrument similar to what they like to do with a lot of their stuff.  Not really a fan of the backward, reverbed, distorted, looped soupy stuff myself but it can come in handy if you feel the need to drown crappy vocal tracks. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

... it can come in handy if you feel the need to drown crappy vocal tracks. 

I don't deal with crappy vocal tracks. I just hire a better vocalist! 😁

And if I ever need to really screw up an instrument... well that's what sound design is all about, and I have the tools and skill set for that.😉

It works and its worth a look.

Yes the install process is not as easy as just install, but not much worse than installing any other Kontakt instrument

1. Download/Run the Heavyocity Portal and install Foundations Nylon Guitar where ever. Close the portal, no need for it anymore

2. Open up Native instruments NATIVE ACCESS utility, add serial ( check for this serial via  Heavyocity email ) then it will ask to pick the Library folder - This is the "\Foundations Nylon Guitar" folder itself you just installed

3. Then in NATIVE ACCESS again, select NOT INSTALLED top left, find the  Foundations Nylon Guitar icon over right and ADD LIBRARY

4. When you open KONTAKT after install look down left under LIBRARIES & you will see Foundations Nylon Guitar further down in the list with its own rectangular banner

Edited by aidan o driscoll

8 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

It works and its worth a look.

Yes the install process is not as easy as just install, but not much worse than installing any other Kontakt instrument

Not a high price for being able to use it without a full Kontakt licence. Almost all other free libraries may install with a drag and drop but won't work in the player.

This foundation series of free instruments is well above par for free libraries.

• Like 3

This is well worth a download.  It is a LOT more than a nylon string guitar.  It has pad sounds that you can mix with it.   You can set up arps or gates for each part.  You can get some very interesting effects with a gated pad. 

Plus... it's a very nice sounding nylon string guitar.  It's not a full instrument with articulations or picking--but it's got a lovely tone. 

Heavyocity has two other Foundations instruments which I previously ignored.  Who needs more Staccato Strings or.... gulp... another piano? 🤬  But these two are just like this one.  Textural libraries.  I'm going to download them.  The price is right. And this is a unique and fun library.  I bet they are too.

And people, it is not difficult to download this as @aidan o driscoll pointed out.

You download it with their downloader.  Then you  install it the way you install ALL instruments made to work in Kontakt/Komplete Kontrol.  Easy-peasy. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 5

Lots of companies, from Spitfire to Orchestral Tools and beyond, offer excellent free instruments.  But IMHO, Heavyocity is doing is doing something new with the Foundations series.   They are all part of a series, not a series of one-offs.  In each, the sound of the instrument is good, but it works as  raw material for the background layer/arps/gates.   They are what is commonly called cinematic instruments.   And they sound as good as many instruments you pay $50 or more for.  And are really fun to play.

Folks, I think one of the reasons they are offering us these great free gifts is to get us off our whiny asses and get us to install their installer.  That way we can buy all kinds of other Heavyocity stuff.  It's not so heavy, brothers!   Stop bellyaching and enjoy the goodness! 

Quick rundown of presets:

In-depth from the great @Simeon Amburgey

• Like 3

I tried the Heavyocity nylon guitar VI. I downloaded all of them. It sounds pretty good for free. No real issues with the installer over there. Just download, install, and paste the serial in NI and you are done. I dont really see much difference between this and some of the other Kontakt freebies others offer such as Sonic Couture et la.

• Like 2