She's here...

Rain

According to my Facebook memories, 10 years ago, to the day, I went to Sam Ash in NY to buy an inexpensive Strat with a humbucker as an ealy brirthday gift but walked out with an Epiphone les Paul. I'd been playing strats ever since I had bought a replacement for my first guitar, a uber cheap LP knock off. I didn't want to hear about Les Paul's anymore because I had dislike that first guitar so much.

The Epiphone made me realize how much I liked actually Les Paul's and how awesome they could be, and I ended up buying and playing mostly LPs and SGs for the next 10 years, including my main guitar, a white Gibson LP Studio.

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Hendrix, Gilmour, SRV, and the likes, and I felt I really needed a new strat. The old 1996 would need new frets and a lot of TLC, and, a this time, it just seemed simpler to retire it, at least temporarily, and to get a new one.

And today, well, Mr. Fedex delivered this one. Just what the doctor ordered.  Plays like a dream. And so I finally got my early birthday strat, only 10 years later.

IMG_6572.thumb.jpg.0aaaa634095585441a7a213344258952.jpg

Edited by Rain
  • Like 6