CAL to "Invert" CC values

FZ1

Hi 

I'm trying to find a way to create a inverted automation envelope.

I don't think there is a way to "flip" an envelope.

But if I convert it to CC values in the PRV,  maybe there is a CAL out there that could invert the values relative to the centre value.

And then by converting it back to an envelope, I should have something usable.

I have been looking through my CAL folder but haven't found anything as yet.

Does anyone know of a CAL that could do this - Or a better method?

Thanks

(do
    (int control_value)
    (forEachEvent
        (if (== Event.Kind CONTROL)
            (do
                (= control_value Control.Val)
                (-= control_value 127) (*= control_value -1)
                (= Control.Val control_value)
            );end do
        );end if
    );end for
);end do

Note: This inverts using the value of 64 as the mirror point

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Could group the controls to automate and use a MIDI track to host the actual automation (as MIDI data) using a virtual MIDI cable to drive one of the grouped controls via remote control

Here is an example of two tracks with volume grouped, one of them is inverted and a MIDI track sending modwheel data via LoopBe1 to one of the controls in the group. 

AbFRSJs.gif

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

While the example above works for anything that can be grouped, if I needed shared/inverted volume automation, I would not mess with MIDI and CbB volume controls instead opting for free Blue Cat Gain plug-ins.

In this video the Blue Cat Gain plug-ins are added to two tracks, then set to Group A (the plug-ins have their own built-in grouping) with one reversed (again built into the plug-in) and automated using one of the plug-ins gain settings.

D5plzoW.gif

• Like 2

Process>Find/Change gives the possibility to invert CC data without sticking to 64 as a center point. You can get many different results, depending on the needs, as you can freely input destination values.

With it, if carefully entering the values, you can even invert notes, pitch wheel, aftertouch and more.

• Like 2

Thanks Chris.r

I have been using Process>Find/Replace constantly for many years. Mainly to edit velocity.

In all the years I have had that ugly box open, It never occurred to me that Min=127 & Max=0 would invert values.

• Like 1

Thanks S.Cook for those vids of super deep skills.

Ye gads. The Bluecat method - Having an layer of  interactive grouping plugins - That is wild.

Edited by FZ1
spelling

3 hours ago, FZ1 said:

Thanks Chris.r

I have been using Process>Find/Replace constantly for many years. Mainly to edit velocity.

In all the years I have had that ugly box open, It never occurred to me that Min=127 & Max=0 would invert values.

In some really old, pre Sonar, versions of Cakewalk I was able to interpolate from pitchwheel to any CC, and vice versa! That was so useful. Too bad that's no longer possible.

EDIT: I just tried and it worked in controllers pane in PRV :D 

Edited by chris.r