Does anyone know...

craigb

I believe forums were once more open to things that are now considered to be off base. The problem is in not having a point of reference. If you claim no point of reference you have nothing to go off of, and in modern society this is what has happened. The result is most forums have thrown the baby out with the bathwater. Debate and reason no longer govern an outcome or an idea. Some ideas are not to be discussed due to being too controversial.

Of course all forums are free to establish a point of reference or none at all. In order to be fair to everyone, most things are off limits. Meaning even discussion of points of reference in detail is not allowed. On a technical forum such as this, one would not expect anything too awfully 'out there' in terms of discussion. This particular part of the forum has always been seen as a hang out by me. It was at one time much more open and allowed things I probably would not have posted. Then I have been guilty of posting things that would not be accepted now ( I have had posts removed not too long ago). This is because I was still thinking about the way we once did it.

Thank goodness we can still go to other forums that are more open politically and who discuss some of those topics others shy away from. I don't believe the answer is censorship, but this is what we see happening all over the media.

• Like 1