Sonible smart:comp VST3 crashing Cakewalk

S.L.I.P.

1 hour ago, Robert Bone said:

until the plugin company updates their plugin's VST3 version. 

I don't think it's the plugin, because the VST3 version is working perfectly in Reaper, and Samplitude Pro X 3. Seems like it is a Cakewalk issue. 

Yup. Same problem here. Running Windows 10. It gets to the "Almost done" notification and BAM, it's gone. Note that when I first added the 64-bit plugin to the project, there were no problems. Multiple instances as well. However, after you save and try to load, it won't load successfully. Note that the 32-bit VST3 works fine.

10 hours ago, Douglas Nakakihara said:

Note that when I first added the 64-bit plugin to the project, there were no problems. Multiple instances as well.

Yes, same here. Once you save and exit, Pffft! I'll give the 32 bit VST 3 a try. The VST 2 is working, but a bit wonky. 

9 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I have a similar issue with Boz Manic Compressior VST3, though his other VST3s work fine.  

I just tried the VST 3 Manic Compressor and it worked fine on my end in Cakewalk. Sorry you are having trouble with it. 

• Thanks 1

I sent a note to Sonible. They asked for the dump file, but surprisingly none was created. One thing I noted after testing a bit. Merely adding Smart Comp to a track won't cause the crash. You have to do the additional step of analyzing the track. From what I can tell, the plug-in itself loads, but crashes when it loads the settings from the project.