Problem with Export

marcL

It seems that I have a new issue, or is it that I do something wrong?

I select 2 clips (one in track1, the other in track2), both tracks are mono (and also the clips), and I try to export the clips with "Split Mono" setting to avoid a +3 dB loudness increase. The result is an error message "An internal error occurred while processing the mixdown.". This happens on 2 totally different machines both with the newest CbB (2022.06 build 028)!

20220625-Error-ExportWindow.jpg.c245bd873f21d690e3f24015fcce85ee.jpg

20220625-Error-Message.jpg.ad30c6fafb50260df8c441648dc566b5.jpg

5 hours ago, marled said:

both tracks are mono (and also the clips), and I try to export the clips with "Split Mono" setting

Split mono is for separating the sides of a stereo clip/track/bus.  Clearly CbB should handle this situation more gracefully, but it would seem the incompatibility of 'Split Mono' with the source being a mono clip is likely causing this error. Changing the Pan Law to one of the -3dB center options should get you what you want.

5 hours ago, David Baay said:

Split mono is for separating the sides of a stereo clip/track/bus.  Clearly CbB should handle this situation more gracefully,

The only strange thing is that this works in Splat up to one of the latest CbB releases (with the new export dialog)! 😉 This was an EASY way to fix the +3dB hassle with mono clips!

1 hour ago, marled said:

The only strange thing is that this works in Splat up to one of the latest CbB releases (with the new export dialog)! 😉 This was an EASY way to fix the +3dB hassle with mono clips!

Okay, now I have investigated a bit more!

I was wrong that it was ever working in the new export dialog.

I found out that the problem has been introduced after CbB 2021.04 (in 2021.06), i.e. in 2021.04 it runs without issue (and I guess in all versions back to Splat)!

6 hours ago, David Baay said:

Changing the Pan Law to one of the -3dB center options should get you what you want.

I played around with that. But somehow I could not get it working (without +3dB loudness increase)! Maybe I am a bit dumb! 😄 Please, can you explain more precisely what you mean?

10 hours ago, marled said:

I played around with that. But somehow I could not get it working (without +3dB loudness increase)! Maybe I am a bit dumb! 😄 Please, can you explain more precisely what you mean?

I know it works when bouncing mono tracks within CbB, but maybe not when exporting clips to file. I'd have to try it.

• Thanks 1

It seems there is no reasonable way left to export mono clips (so that you can use the clip name as part of the file name). 😟

Thus I will use the old manual way to export clips without changing loudness: Select and export each clip separately with "export tracks" setting (and almost anything disabled) and enter the file name manually! Meh!

13 hours ago, Base 57 said:

I just drag clips to the browser. No need for the export menu at all. 

Thank you Base 57! This works great if I drag a single clip to the browser! Even the volume for mono clips does not change, as it should! 😊

On the other hand if I drag multiple clips at once there are the following problems:

1. The length of the saved clips are all according to the longest one!
  2. In this case strange names are generated: "Clip-<track name> <track number> (<count>)"

But nonetheless this is the best solution when you drag one by one to the browser. 👍 The only caveat is that also in this case a "(<count>)" is added to the name (must then be removed manually!).