60th Birthday Prezzie to myself ๐Ÿ˜Š

27 minutes ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Indeed RIP Bo.

I remember you selling that Craig - such a beautiful guitar. If I remember correctly, didn't you use the 2nd photo as your avatar for a while?

At least we can be assured Bo would have really treasured such a gem.ย 

Yep!

GaudyPaul.jpg

Bo (Maurice?๐Ÿ˜) said he had it on the wall in a display box!ย  I must admit that I tended to play my other guitars more and just stare at this one. Ofย course, the fact that it weighed something like lead since it was made out of Wenge, meant either your back would ache if standing while you play or your leg would go to sleep if playing while sitting!ย  My current custom (and my current avatar!) is made out of Black Limba (a.k.a., Korina) and weighs less than half!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Beauty - I almost bought one of their basses, another beautiful product...but the price tag!

OMG!ย  (Oh My Gosh!)ย  I totally forgot that I used to have one of those too!

A touring bassist tried it out (I was playing roadie and brought backup gear for almost all the band members) and he was shocked at how well setup it was.ย  Back when I helped keep the lights on at a local Guitar Center, one manager asked if I needed a bass since he had to move a couple.ย  He gave me a really good deal on the bass, about $650 if I recall.ย  It sounded and played great.

bassrig.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craigb said:

Bo (Maurice?๐Ÿ˜) said he had it on the wall in a display box!ย 

Craig, I fondly remember a whole Sunday afternoon bouncing emails back and forth with him.

What had started as a routine chat about the arrangement of a CHB tune slowly morphed into a discussion about Bo's guitars - especially some of the vintage models he'd collected. Absolutely fascinating stuff, and with typical modesty, he seemed to stress how 'lucky' he was to own some of these beauties.

Nice guy.

ย