60th Birthday Prezzie to myself ๐Ÿ˜Š

50 minutes ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Arriving next weekend ...

sQG0Vze.jpg

ย 

"Noisy bugger"

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ~ Jonbouy

Congrats - and happy birthday!

I had my doubts about Schecter and it's not a brand I was attracted to, but the minute I picked up the Hellraiser I was sold. A thing of beauty, with incredible features and surprising workmanship. I am looking forward to getting a 6 string version of it.

If you enjoy yours even only half as much as I do mine, you'll still be delighted.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rain said:

I had my doubts about Schecter and it's not a brand I was attracted to, but the minute I picked up the Hellraiser I was sold. A thing of beauty, with incredible features and surprising workmanship. I am looking forward to getting a 6 string version of it.

I miss mine (I had their baritone).ย  The thing about Schecters is that they are better setup from the start than Gibsons are recently, but you tend to need to replace the input jack for some reason!ย  Go figure.ย  Here's me in my Halloween costume pretending to be a rock star while holding myย  Schecter.ย  Christian would like it 'cause it's black!ย ๐Ÿ˜

fun4.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

Always wanted to try one but I've never seen a lefty one of those.

It's obvious that you need hand reassignment surgery Shane!ย  Then you can, at least, identify as a right-handed guitarist!ย ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Arriving next weekend ...

sQG0Vze.jpg

ย 

"Noisy bugger"

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ~ Jonbouy

Happyย ย  Birth Day Steve ! Congrats on your upcoming N G D ! Wows' er Wows' er that is one nicely specked guitar .

I have one Schecter Guitar an 8 string I picked up a few years ago . Mine is a lower end guitar and it punches way heavier than it weight class .I can only Imagine how much quality your new guitar is gonna be oozing ....enjoy ! The Sustainiac Driver Pickup is something I have always wanted to check out in person ....let us know how you like that when you get a chance ...

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

Happy Birthday Steve!

Love the guitar. Always wanted to try one but I've never seen a lefty one of those.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/C1FRSElhBFB--schecter-c-1-fr-s-sls-elite-left-handed-black-fade-burst

53 minutes ago, craigb said:

It's obvious that you need hand reassignment surgery Shane!ย  Then you can, at least, identify as a right-handed guitarist!ย ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

If he don't get the lefty I mentioned he better hurry up and do something because the highest court of our land may soon make a rash decision to outlaw left handed guitars ๐Ÿ˜œ

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

thought that highest court thingy was a classic distraction moveย orchestratedย by the Lefty Guitar Lobby.

of the 20 million lefty's sold just in US 2020 alone, some will end up here in Europe and in a few years a football coach here will shoutย ' When are we gonna do something?!'.

sorry I no know religion.ย  ย 

ย 

ย 

Did NOT notice the Sustainiac!ย  Just a note...ย  One of my customs, the "Gaudy Paul," hadย  a Fernandes Sustainer (which is a licensed version of the Sustainiac).ย  (I had to sell this one and it was bought by Space Cowboy here who, unfortunately, has passed away which means I have no idea what happened to the guitar!)ย 

Here's what it looked like originally:

IMG_0182.JPG

But it only kept the Sustainer for a short time becauseย I was restricted to using one of Fernandes' pickups and for some other reasons I didn't like.ย  So, out it went and here was the final result:

GaudyUpdated2.jpg

I still want a Sustainiac, but the version I wanted to get (Model C) is their clip-on model which can obviously be used on multiple guitars!ย  Unfortunately, it's been out-of-stock for a long time!ย ย The Model C Sustainiac

In any event, it's a good thing you're getting a real Sustainiac!

ย 

Alright, you guys showed yours, I'll show mine. ย I call herย Domina Mortem.

IMG_6623.thumb.jpg.391a0ff94e24b950ac61dc7b5e623fa8.jpg

I knew the finish looked good (this is my first quilted finish guitar)ย but I was even more surprised when I woke up early a few weeks ago and decided to spend some time downstairs where there's daylight...

282873781_10159130327817582_4152521606853218250_n.thumb.jpg.397f0e6f4e37e382b1ae1876d56dd1cf.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rain said:

Alright, you guys showed yours, I'll show mine. ย I call herย Domina Mortem.

IMG_6623.thumb.jpg.391a0ff94e24b950ac61dc7b5e623fa8.jpg

I knew the finish looked good (this is my first quilted finish guitar)ย but I was even more surprised when I woke up early a few weeks ago and decided to spend some time downstairs where there's daylight...

282873781_10159130327817582_4152521606853218250_n.thumb.jpg.397f0e6f4e37e382b1ae1876d56dd1cf.jpg

Nice 7 string Rainย  ! I've seen those in real life . High qualityย  guitar for sure ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Kenny

• Like 1

13 hours ago, craigb said:

Did NOT notice the Sustainiac!ย  Just a note...ย  One of my customs, the "Gaudy Paul," hadย  a Fernandes Sustainer (which is a licensed version of the Sustainiac).ย  (I had to sell this one and it was bought by Space Cowboy here who, unfortunately, has passed away which means I have no idea what happened to the guitar!)ย 

Here's what it looked like originally:

IMG_0182.JPG

ย 

GaudyUpdated2.jpg

Indeed RIP Bo.

I remember you selling that Craig - such a beautiful guitar. If I remember correctly, didn't you use the 2nd photo as your avatar for a while?

At least we can be assured Bo would have really treasured such a gem.ย